Car Features You'd Pay To Remove

My take:

-People bashing the push start button don’t understand superiority.
-sunroofs are fine, as long as the gaskets don’t leak, rarely used
-leather seats are trash, 3rd degree burns in summer and if no seat warmer in winter, your behind is freezing. No wonder the French prefer cloth/fabric only. Great way for dealers to prey on people’s wallets by appealing to their pride
-auto transmission is primarily for the opposite sex and my grandparents
-power windows are amazing
-backup cam is amazing
-infotainment system is amazing
-electric steering rack is 50/50, good and bad

I hate whatever feature prevents you from using the power windows unless the ignition is on. It's a hot day. You get to your car and open the door. Instead of being able to press the window switches to open the windows and ventilate the interior, you have to reach over and stick the key in and turn the ignition on first. Back in the day, I would run a jumper wire from the power door lock fuse to the window fuse to bypass it. Problem solved.

Impeding traffic?

What, to the next red light in a quarter of a mile?

Maybe you should be the one driving better. I'm guessing they didn't teach following distances when you learned to drive?
If you’re only going a quarter of a mile, then you’re not driving in super fast conditions and wouldn’t really need to worry about stopping distance. Of course they taught/teaching following distances. They also taught that you should be a courteous and defensive driver. So if someone is tailgating you, move over so they can get around you and there’s no threat anymore of an automobile accident. I’m guessing they didn’t teach that you when learned to drive?

I’m talking more on the highway going 65-75mph, not in town at 20-30mph.

There are some super annoying stuff. There are super annoying stuff because they are dangerous (everything on screen: thanx Tesla).
Then there are people that are annoyed just bcs. that is their way to vent out.

Leather seats: yes, like any other material they get hot. They though get cooled much faster than cloth. But, bigger issue is cleaning. If one has kids, I don’t want to think about cloth! It is absolutely not an option! Leather, softex, whatever it is, as long as it is not cloth!

Auto Ac: it can work as auto or as manual. It is really not that hard as long as one has dials and things are not on screen.

Most features can be coded. They are unique for American market. Other options are hidden in the ECU and if one owns cars that have more plush versions, especially Euro cars, options are already there to turn it off or on, depending what it is.

Yes, Atlas has this horrible warning sound when driver opens the door and engine is running. Why? Bcs. there were people who forgot to turn off car and you know the rest.
So, yeah, annoying, but I get why it is being done.

Start/Stop. Absolutely horrible. But, kind of OK on long red lights. So, I reversed operation to be default OFF when turn on car. But, I turn it on when I know I will be waiting for some time, and allows me to run all functions while engine is off.

Because it affects me personally? There have been too many rear-enders in my family over the years. Reckless driving is not a victimless crime.
So every single rear end accident in your family was a result of tailgating at highway speeds? Call me crazy but I find that absolutely hard to believe.

So every single rear end accident in your family was a result of tailgating at highway speeds? Call me crazy but I find that absolutely hard to believe.
I don't think I said anything about the freeway? Two rear enders were in stop and go, one I was stopped at a light. The worst one my wife was slowing for traffic on the interstate and the kid behind her tried to serve around her on the shoulder, bounced off the guard rail hit my wife and spun them both across the leaves into the median.

I don't think I said anything about the freeway? Two rear enders were in stop and go, one I was stopped at a light. The worst one my wife was slowing for traffic on the interstate and the kid behind her tried to serve around her on the shoulder, bounced off the guard rail hit my wife and spun them both across the leaves into the median.
I feel like you’re thinking I’m defending tailgaters and I’m not.

If you’re only going a quarter of a mile, then you’re not driving in super fast conditions and wouldn’t really need to worry about stopping distance. Of course they taught/teaching following distances. They also taught that you should be a courteous and defensive driver. So if someone is tailgating you, move over so they can get around you and there’s no threat anymore of an automobile accident. I’m guessing they didn’t teach that you when learned to drive?

I’m talking more on the highway going 65-75mph, not in town at 20-30mph.
I was referring to mostly residential, especially school zones.

On highway, I never camp in the left lane.

Don’t get me wrong, I hate when people are driving too slow.

i hate it when people lane camp, but if im doing 55 on a 45mph road and someone's still tailgating me, im slowing down to make you pass. you should either pass me or back off. if im under the speed limit I'll speed up, but I'll do that without anyone behind me. i mostly get tailgated on 2 lane country roads by people with headlights that are brighter than the sun and horribly aimed.

i don't like push button start, it's mostly because I like the feel of turning a key and having the switch instead click. i also wish every car came in manual by default.

At this point in my life , I have no need or desire for a manual transmission . I got over that many years ago . Turning a key doesn't thrill me either . I clip my fob to my belt loop and don't touch it again until I get undressed at night . When the fob battery gets weak I get a warning on my dash display and my dealer replaces it for free . I'm good with that .

Back