Ford Halts Production of F-150 (various models)

Laugh all you want. I am sure Ford's legal team has to scrutinize all their ad copy to make sure they're still within the correct loophole.
Yes, the way most corporations keep a building full of lawyers on staff, just at the ready to pounce on any issues with other companies especially in the realm of competition I have often wondered when hearing those commercials about "the best selling this or that" what exact criteria does Ford and its competition use to back up or challenge those "best selling" claims. Do companies other than Ford just simply not give a rat's rear end when it comes to those commericals or....?

you are making no sense in one statement you say ford combines f150 and f250, then you say gm does the same.

Why is this so difficult for you? Ford combines F150 + F250 to create "f series is best selling". Therefore, we can do the same with GM. Add up all the chevy 1500's + 2500's, and all the gcm 1500's + 2500's. When you do that you realize that f series is not best selling.

You refuse to combine chevy and gmc because in your mind they are somehow not the same truck. And my response has been: if ford can combine obviously different trucks (f150 + f250) to create an "f series group", then the gmc 1500 and chevy 1500 can definitely be combined as well because the difference between and f150 and f250 is far far greater than the difference between a chevy 1500 and a gmc 1500.

You bring in all kinds of nonsense about registration, but again if Ford can do it, so can GM.

yes, it does. the registration is how they can say best selling truck. because all the f-series are sold under the make ford. the same can not be said for gm. there is gmc and there is Chevrolet. its you who will say anything. I have family that is just like you, they also drive a ram. its like a bright color in nature.

We've been through this. GM doesn't sell under their own name. They use sub brands (for lack of a better name), but those brands are not financial entities. You can't buy shares in chevrolet, but you can buy shares in Ford.

GM builds the same truck under two brands. It's still GM's truck. It's GM's shareholders that reap the profits. And GM outsells Ford, that's a fact.

BS. You just don't get it. It matters because it is true. YOU just don't think it matters. Fine. Okay. To your other argument, it is BS as well. GM isn't bringing in more money. For 2023 GM made $171 billion. Ford made $176 billion. You have blinders on.

We're talking trucks. GM makes more money on their trucks.

Edit: and here is some nice nightime reading for you from an investor standpoint:

We're talking trucks. GM makes more money on their trucks.

Edit: and here is some nice nightime reading for you from an investor standpoint:
What you seem to not understand is what is included in these categories. Ford's F-series truck sales ONLY include the F150, F250, F350, and vans. GM includes in their truck sales figures the 1500, 2500, all mid size trucks, and full size SUVs. They bolster their numbers. Ford doesn't include SUV's and the Maverick and Ranger in their F Series sales figures.

What you seem to not understand is what is included in these categories. Ford's F-series truck sales ONLY include the F150, F250, F350, and vans. GM includes in their truck sales figures the 1500, 2500, all mid size trucks, and full size SUVs. They bolster their numbers. Ford doesn't include SUV's and the Maverick and Ranger in their F Series sales figures.

This has all the math broken down for you.

This has all the math broken down for you.
Thanks for posting. Personally-if someone is going to call me a liar-it's obvious they don't know how to use google and I quit doing it for them. So-I just ignore them.

There is nothing that could convince me to invest a dime with any single one of the Late/Great American Big Three Automakers since they have pretty much shown tremendous strides of ineptitude since the late 70s. Foreign auto makers have near put them out of business 2-3 times in the last 50 years. So they have had , a very long time to catch up? Even the way they completely shutdown over 100 years of giant auto making facilities in the USA - (Detroit-California, Baltimore, NY etc...) and moved factories out of the USA it sure did not help them compete with the quality of what we call "foreign made." Which sounds funny to say when still most of autos sold in USA are made now all across the globe. (not sure about Canada) Yes ...LoL "foreign made!" sounds funny and irrelevant today. Yet the quality of at least two of those Big Three still lags. I started out raised by parents and grandparents loyal to Chevy cars and Ford/Dodge trucks. Once I started buying my own and seeing things I had to fix, all the piddling things either made really cheap or things that always broke on them, but did not with other brands I stopped buying from Chevy / Ford or / old Penstar (who has been bought and sold what 3-5 times) the past 30 years? Now ?FIAT/Chrsyler? Then I stumble across this GEM of an article this morning about one of our Big Three. Sadly we could probably find a very similar report on internet about GM today. I actually just read an article someone posted here from an investment expert who showed how much Ford and GM LOST and how GM was the better choice having lost less! WoW. I dont choose either.
FORD:
This Ford CEO below almost talks like he has all kind of options when it comes to pricing!? What? Then why dont they do it? What is this price adjustment he talks about like a light switch they can flip if they need to?

Ford pulls the plug on EV strategy as losses pile up

Despite an overall increase in revenue of 12 percent and year-end profits of $4.3 billion, Ford's EV division lost almost $4.7 billion, Lawler said.
Ford CEO James Farley laid much of the blame for the losses on EV pricing - a known sticking point for consumers unwilling to pay thousands more for a vehicle while inflation is up and interest rates remain. high
"Relative to EVs, there's a lot we can do, and there's a lot we're doing. I think you're going to see a lot of seismic changes in the industry because of this pricing power reality that we've all faced," Farley said on the call. "It's on us to get the cost right. That is the issue with the transition." While Ford's overall performance beat Wall Street expectations for the quarter, this isn't the first time we've heard negative news for the Model e division. On last quarter's call in October, Lawler said that Ford was delaying $12 billion in EV investment "given the dynamic EV environment," and a need to adjust costs.

Yes, the way most corporations keep a building full of lawyers on staff, just at the ready to pounce on any issues with other companies especially in the realm of competition I have often wondered when hearing those commercials about "the best selling this or that" what exact criteria does Ford and its competition use to back up or challenge those "best selling" claims. Do companies other than Ford just simply not give a rat's rear end when it comes to those commericals or....?

More interesting, why does it matter which company sells more trucks? Many people buy products simply because they are "most popular", so at that point popularity can increase sales simply because its more popular and not due to the product or competition itself.

I think many equate "popularity = best". After all if 750,000 people buy a Ford this year, it must mean its a better truck than the Toyota which sells about 125K? All those people can't be wrong?

I'm not immune to this either, but for my truck anyway I tried to buy what fit my criteria. I think you can't really go wrong with any of the truck brands (though I can't understand a single Titan sale but anyway). Just depends on what you value most in your purchase.

Why is this so difficult for you? Ford combines F150 + F250 to create "f series is best selling". Therefore, we can do the same with GM. Add up all the chevy 1500's + 2500's, and all the gcm 1500's + 2500's. When you do that you realize that f series is not best selling.

You refuse to combine chevy and gmc because in your mind they are somehow not the same truck. And my response has been: if ford can combine obviously different trucks (f150 + f250) to create an "f series group", then the gmc 1500 and chevy 1500 can definitely be combined as well because the difference between and f150 and f250 is far far greater than the difference between a chevy 1500 and a gmc 1500.

You bring in all kinds of nonsense about registration, but again if Ford can do it, so can GM.
legal descriptions of vehicles is nonsense. I'm done.

they are not the same truck, one is a sierra and one is a Silverado. no one cares that gm is the parent company. that has no bearing on the sales figures. just because gm is cheap and uses the same parts across the entire line up does not mean that you can pick and choose what sales count as one and what doesn't. the sierra sells x amount of trucks and the Silverado sell x amount of trucks. the f-series sells more than they do. no one combines multiple models to come up with the total sales, when regards to a specific type. that's just stupid. its just so you can justify your argument.
Clearly nobody is going to convince you any differently.
legal descriptions of vehicles is nonsense. I'm done.
You aren't going to convince us of your different viewpoint. Glad you finally gave up. You're open to your own opinion but just realize that your viewpoint isn't shared by the majority.

Ford DID NOT take any Government bail out money, since the Ford Family owns considerable voting interest in the company. That is a plus. The others just gobbled it down.
I get so ticked off when I hear people bring this up as a reason to buy Ford. Lol. They stole the $ from their dealerships and their customers during this time... denying legitimate warranty claims to help them get by without the bailout. I worked at a Ford dealership and my friend was still working there when that went down. They weren't doing out of the good of their heart, that's for sure.

I'll say this once more. The Ford F series trucks are the number one selling single brand truck, above all others. Chevrolet is Chevrolet and GMC is GMC. Leaning on an asterisk for a win is what makes a company second best. I won't ever see it any other way until Chevrolet OR GMC sells more pickups than Ford, on their own without help from one another. I don't know the sales figures for Honda and Toyota, but goes Honda/Acura out sell Toyota?

Full disclosure, I drive a Chevy truck.

If I weren’t lazy I could provide a list of video dropping every week for the last 6 months saying the same thing Ford and Ram trucks aren’t selling and wholesale prices have collapsed.

The only thing ford has that anyone wants is the Maverick .

All the expensive new stuff is setting and days of inventory has been growing despite that former strike and some other events that should have offset the decline.

Despite a retraction in sales things aren’t to 2009 discount levels yet, but give it another 6 months and retail prices will start dropping similar to how wholesale prices have gone down.

Ford DID NOT take any Government bail out money, since the Ford Family owns considerable voting interest in the company. That is a plus. The others just gobbled it down.

Every car/truck manufacturer has been helped by their own government in way or another. It's very odd that you choose a specific crisis to base your opinion on. Ford has definitely been given cash from the US gov't.

Ford did receive $5.9 billion in government loans in 2009 to retool its manufacturing plants to produce more fuel-efficient cars, and the company lobbied for and benefited from the cash-for-clunkers program — contrary to the ad’s testimonial that Ford is “standing on their own.”

If I weren’t lazy I could provide a list of video dropping every week for the last 6 months saying the same thing Ford and Ram trucks aren’t selling and wholesale prices have collapsed.

The only thing ford has that anyone wants is the Maverick .

All the expensive new stuff is setting and days of inventory has been growing despite that former strike and some other events that should have offset the decline.

Despite a retraction in sales things aren’t to 2009 discount levels yet, but give it another 6 months and retail prices will start dropping similar to how wholesale prices have gone down.

Such a shame FORD has a "home run" hitting truck lots of folks want. Maverick. But they cant or wont provide them now. They either built way too many of their monster sized / luxury trucks to sell from about $70,000 to $99,000 or the often blamed supply chain woes with China is really preventing them from producing what customers want.? Looks like future buyers will soon be in for deep discounts if they want to dive in for a new truck at the end of the year.

Chris: I wasn’t going to buy another car that was bailed out by our government. I was going to buy from a manufacturer that’s standing on their own: win, lose, or draw. That’s what America is about is taking the chance to succeed and understanding when you fail that you gotta pick yourself up and go back to work. Ford is that company for me.

Back