Ford Halts Production of F-150 (various models)

No. Ford says "F series is best selling truck". There is no single truck in the F series. It's a SERIES. It includes F150, F250, F350 etc.

If Ford can combine all their trucks like that then so can GM.

If you want to say Ford 150 is best selling truck then you need to add up GMC + Sierra 1500 and F150 still loses. The GMs are the same truck.
So Nissan should have combined the Titan and the Armada sales together as well?...since they share the same chassis/drivetrain?

not surprised.
I should have known you present that, your previous responses were indictive of someone who wouldn't know that sierra and Silverado includes the heavy duty trucks too. you have a fiat product as your account picture that should shed some light on the situation.

Your post makes no sense whatsoever. I'm not presenting anything. Of course I know that heavy duty Sierra and Silverado exist, why wouldn't I?

You said: "the debate was about what is the top selling vehicle model. The top selling model is the f-series." to which I said, no, the debate is about Ford saying "F series" is the best selling.

The point is: if Ford can include their F150 + F250 + F350 etc which are completely different models and trucks and come up with a stat like "best selling truck", then GM can absolutely include all their 1500s + 2500s + 3500s etc and at that point GM outsells Ford. Do you think the difference between a Sierra 1500 and Silverado 1500 is somehow greater than the difference between an F150 and an F250?

That little sticker which says "silverado" and not "sierra" is just too much and now suddenly they're different models/trucks but the F150 is the same truck as an F250 because it says "ford" on the front?

Think. If you can group all the half tons and super dutys you can certainly group all GM's together too.

As for the Fiat comment, it's not helping your case in the slightest.

Last edited:
To make the point crystal clear: All GM has to do, is come up with a marketing name like "G Series" and then say that from now on all Silverado and Sierra 1500s + 2500s + 3500s are part of GMs G Series truck.

Game over. GM's G Series truck is now America's best selling truck.

That's why Ford's marketing is gimmicky and silly.

Why does GMC call their pickups 'industrial grade' when they are identical to Chevrolets? Marketing of course.
There are a lot of Americans who buy pickups for necessity (they use them) while many buy them for appearance.
I have no use for owning a pickup and prefer a car for transportation.....so I shop Japanese because America doesn't make anything I need anymore.

well they are separate. haha you cant make this up.
Laugh all you want. I am sure Ford's legal team has to scrutinize all their ad copy to make sure they're still within the correct loophole.

Your post makes no sense whatsoever. I'm not presenting anything. Of course I know that heavy duty Sierra and Silverado exist, why wouldn't I?

You said: "the debate was about what is the top selling vehicle model. The top selling model is the f-series." to which I said, no, the debate is about Ford saying "F series" is the best selling.

The point is: if Ford can include their F150 + F250 + F350 etc which are completely different models and trucks and come up with a stat like "best selling truck", then GM can absolutely include all their 1500s + 2500s + 3500s etc and at that point GM outsells Ford. Do you think the difference between a Sierra 1500 and Silverado 1500 is somehow greater than the difference between an F150 and an F250?

That little sticker which says "silverado" and not "sierra" is just too much and now suddenly they're different models/trucks but the F150 is the same truck as an F250 because it says "ford" on the front?

Think. If you can group all the half tons and super dutys you can certainly group all GM's together too.

As for the Fiat comment, it's not helping your case in the slightest.
you typed a lot to say nothing new. Silverado and sierra sales figures include the heavy duty trucks. they are also sierras and Silverado's.

To make the point crystal clear: All GM has to do, is come up with a marketing name like "G Series" and then say that from now on all Silverado and Sierra 1500s + 2500s + 3500s are part of GMs G Series truck.

Game over. GM's G Series truck is now America's best selling truck.

That's why Ford's marketing is gimmicky and silly.
they could do that, the problem is registration. when you buy a Chevrolet the make is Chevrolet. when you buy a gmc the make is gmc. that's why all that typing you've done is for not. the vehicles are registered under the make and the makes are not GM the parent company.

Laugh all you want. I am sure Ford's legal team has to scrutinize all their ad copy to make sure they're still within the correct loophole.
yeah, you don't know much about legal. that why you had to add "im sure". its like debating children.

you typed a lot to say nothing new. Silverado and sierra sales figures include the heavy duty trucks. they are also sierras and Silverado's.

Yes they do. Nobody was saying they didn't include heavy duty.

they could do that, the problem is registration. when you buy a Chevrolet the make is Chevrolet. when you buy a gmc the make is gmc. that's why all that typing you've done is for not. the vehicles are registered under the make and the makes are not GM the parent company.

Nice try, you'll say absolutely anything now. The registration has nothing to do with Ford's marketing statement. If GM made a G Series as mentioned it would then be beating Ford at its own game. When you register an F150 it doesn't say F250 does it now? If Ford can combine those two trucks to make a silly marketing statement which has nothing to do with registration, then GM can do the same.

The point here is to show you how irrelevant that particular statistic is. It doesn't matter to anybody whether F Series is "best selling". It's a nothing burger. What REALLY matters is which company is selling more trucks and bringing in more money. That is the statistic that matters, "f series is best selling" is just smoke and mirrors.

yeah, you don't know much about legal. that why you had to add "im sure". its like debating children.
I'm more than sure, I am certain they do it. But I didn't want to look like I was speaking down to you.

Nissan did not/doesn't have the development dollars for a new competitive truck.In January I believe the sales were 3,700 units. So yes-2024 is the end of the line for an ICE Titan. There are rumors in will come back at some point in EV form.

Nice try, you'll say absolutely anything now. The registration has nothing to do with Ford's marketing statement. If GM made a G Series as mentioned it would then be beating Ford at its own game. When you register an F150 it doesn't say F250 does it now? If Ford can combine those two trucks to make a silly marketing statement which has nothing to do with registration, then GM can do the same.

The point here is to show you how irrelevant that particular statistic is. It doesn't matter to anybody whether F Series is "best selling". It's a nothing burger. What REALLY matters is which company is selling more trucks and bringing in more money. That is the statistic that matters, "f series is best selling" is just smoke and mirrors.
you are making no sense in one statement you say ford combines f150 and f250, then you say gm does the same.

yes, it does. the registration is how they can say best selling truck. because all the f-series are sold under the make ford. the same can not be said for gm. there is gmc and there is Chevrolet. its you who will say anything. I have family that is just like you, they also drive a ram. its like a bright color in nature.

BS. You just don't get it. It matters because it is true. YOU just don't think it matters. Fine. Okay. To your other argument, it is BS as well. GM isn't bringing in more money. For 2023 GM made $171 billion. Ford made $176 billion. You have blinders on.

Back