Can't decide what I hate more, the Mustang II or the new SUV crossover Mustang

It looks better than any Tesla made. So there's that, anyway.

I think Ford is smart to do whatever they need to do to win this electric transition and ensure their long term survival. If it means some hurt feelings of the classic Mustang enthusiast, so be it. Calling it a Focus or Fusion or Taurus isn't going to command 40-60k and doesn't communicate performance the way the Mustang name does. They're trying to leverage every tool they have to remain relevant and that includes brand names like Mustang.

My vote for most affordable and one of the sexiest Mustangs has to be an LX notchback. Grab a 4 cylinder version and get to work swapping parts! Parts everywhere, cheap and effective for a nice seat of the pants driving feel.Manual only.

Years ago, either Tom or Ray Magliozzi (Car Talk Guys) made a comment I'll never forget. Essentially saying every Ford model with the Roman numeral II after it was a POS.

My very first driving lessons were on a '77 Cobra II, white and blue. Dad was a Ford guy. I remember it as having really flat and uncomfortable seats and sliding in them during cornering, combination of Dad's using some slick treatment on the seats and me being young and thin... The CII was replaced by a 1982 Mustang w/ the 2.3l(IIRC) and a 5 speed. The manual transmission was the cars only redeeming attribute. At the time a friend's family had a 320i...little different, and I was sold.

The Mustang II's look better now, at least to me.

I vote for the mach e is the worse of the two. It commits two mortal sins against the Mustang heritage. Number one it's a crossover not a coupe. Number two it has four doors making it not a coupe. The Mustang 2 at least qualifies as a Mustang. The Mach e is just an electric edge in my book. I don't have a problem with such a vehicle outside of that I don't like crossovers, I just have a problem with it being named Mustang when it's not even remotely it mustang. If Ford wants an electric Mustang, then build a variant of the Mustang with an electric powertrain. Don't call an edge a Mustang!

The Mustang 2, like most Detroit cars of the era, was just poor execution. The eMustang is blasphemy. The marketing department that thought that one up is going to H E double hockeysticks.
This, coming from a guy who's rear view mirror has the inscription "Objects in the mirror are closer than they appear. Except Mustangs".

If they can place names like Jaguar and Aston-Martin on "what's selling" (aka SUVs), why wouldn't anyone else do it too?

When I first saw the name Mustang on those rinky-dink Pinto cars back then, I was floored.
I never knew they made Shelby Cobra Pinto 'Stangs.

Man, they care so little about "oomph continuity".
Even Coca-Cola named their first diet coke "Tab" because they knew it tasted like garbage.
Hell, Ferrari has an SUV! Enzo is spinning in his grave!

A family member has a Mustang E top-of-the-line GT something package.
He is submitting to invoke the New York State lemon law and get his money back because of battery issues.
However, with that said he liked it enough that he bought another one top-of-the-line Mustang E GT something package and is OK with that one.
He also has a new Tesla. I’m not sure what model.

Back