Canned fish?

Do any of you folks eat canned fish? (besides tuna)

Sardines, kippers, pacific saury, smoked oysters, salmon.. those kinds of things.

What is your favorite way to eat them?

I prefer albacore tuna, and detest canned salmon, although fresh is A-OK

regular cat food tuna I still cant eat after 10 years.

There was a promotion that basically boiled down to 9$ in free gas for buying 5$ in the tuna pouches (shredded)(there was sale 4/$5)

IIRC I bought about 200 packs which was $250 and got $450 in free gas.

I was giving them away to everyone but ate a ton.. every way you can imagine.. still sick of them.

Salmon is good in patties fried. Egg onion peppers and seasonings.
HaHa … 3 of us were just talking about our love of smoked salmon
we used to hit a brunch in the EU that had it with eggs Benedict …

I use to eat Brunswick smoked boneless herring frequently but quit when I heard smoked foods can cause colon cancer.

I don't mean this to be funny:
It always seemed like whatever nutrients in canned boneless herring made for a better date night if you know what I mean.
I think anyone who eats canned fish will attest to it.

I use to eat Brunswick smoked boneless herring frequently but quit when I heard smoked foods can cause colon cancer.

I don't mean this to be funny:
It always seemed like whatever nutrients in canned boneless herring made for a better date night if you know what I mean.
I think anyone who eats canned fish will attest to it.
Like oysters, eh ? 👌

Salmon is good in patties fried. Egg onion peppers and seasonings.

I take piece with skin, put it on the mat on the grill. usually about 8min/side unless extra thick.
skin peels off really easy. when done.

I use these copper mats for delicate such as fish

I have eaten sardines and I like Anchovies on Pizza though I haven't had great pizza in 30 years and any kind of Tuna is cat food. I have had Canned Salmon made like a Tuna sandwich and it was better than Tuna.

I'll buy canned tuna and make a tuna salad on fancy bread. Costco had a good price on Safecatch tuna - line caught and Hg-free(or very low Hg). I found an amazing bakery that makes one of the best baguettes I've had - As Kneaded in San Leandro. Trader Joe's does have a good canned mackerel and sardine I'll eat on Ak-Mak crackers or a baguette.

Do any of you folks eat canned fish? (besides tuna)

Sardines, kippers, pacific saury, smoked oysters, salmon.. those kinds of things.

What is your favorite way to eat them?
I eat the smoked oysters on club crackers with a touch of horseradish

My dad was into sardines, kippers and other tinned fish... i was ok with it but a family member got me into salmon jerky and it was game over.

I have no idea if they sell or why thy dont sell salmon jerky but its crazy good. I think it only sells in Alaska.

I smoke salmon (and cheese and meats and potatoes) and smoked canned stuff tastes weird to me. That said, kippers and eggs for breaky are very nice. I prefer my salmon cold smoked, I mean just barely cooked. My brine is simple. I smoke with a mix of alder and apple mash pellets.

I eat canned sardines from time to time.

I use canned and jarred anchovies in cooking and on pizza.

I will eat canned tuna as well, but I just bought a whole fresh albacore, $3 /lb!! Barely cook it, chill, flake, serve over chilled cannelli white beans, sprinkle with chopped parsley, a little salt, finely chopped fresh garlic if you like, and drizzle with EVOO and fresh lemon/lime. OOOOH THAT IS GOOD for a cool dinner on a warm night.

Back