Canadian Smoke

I have no idea how accurate www.firesmoke.ca is but let’s check. It’s predicting some of worst smoke will leave the Toronto and Cleveland area and drift out to sea on the prevailing winds, passing through Philliy Friday afternoon. Let us know if that comes to be. Good luck.

Is this how Philly looked at 6:00PM today.

E23C9508-226B-440A-98AF-D1B5C0544572.jpg

Some how living coastal NH we missed out on it. It’s south and also west of us but winds not putting it here. A little last week but not the soup I saw in US eastern cities.

I was evacuated in 2003 from a rural community when you couldn't see across the street.
The ones that stayed behind looted vacant homes.
Nice neighbors...

It's much better today....Wednesday was the worst...it actually stung my throat.

PS: My friend who follows this stuff blames poor forest management just like in California. I hope some people (in both California and Canada) are held accountable.

Nice neighbors...

It's much better today....Wednesday was the worst...it actually stung my throat.

PS: My friend who follows this stuff blames poor forest management just like in California. I hope some people (in both California and Canada) are held accountable.
In the national and state parks that haven't burned, you see piles of dead dry wood piled up in small piles. I asked a ranger about it and he said they burn them in the winter snow season. These forests have not been burned in a long time. Good forest mgmt.

Central Florida. I went outside this morning and the haze is thick here and and it reeks of wood smoke. We had seen some smoke from the Canadian fires but I couldn't believe that it was this bad even after the winds changed and started blowing that smoke out into the Atlantic.

I checked online and found out that there is 5,000+ acres "proscribed burn" somewhere the Lake/Seminole county area. They must be burning off another huge wooded area in order to ready it for more subdivisions 🤬

BIL lives in Milton, Ontario and he says it's difficult being outside for more than a 10 min. Never seen anything like it.

Nice neighbors...

They raised the carbon tax. That will put the fires out.

Back