Canadian Smoke

Dang so it really is getting that bad. Have you checked your home filters, I wonder how they look like now with all the ash in the air.

Dang so it really is getting that bad. Have you checked your home filters, I wonder how they look like now with all the ash in the air.
Last week I did replace them.
We had it real bad when 9/11 happened in NY...we were like 140 miles away. I was actually outside and I saw it actually coming across the field ..

That's how it was here in the PNW the summers of 20 and 21. There were fires all over the West Coast and up into Canada.

With the El Niño weather pattern predicted this year, it may be another bad year. A Canadian friend is saying they are supposed to hit 100f in interior British Columbia this weekend, so more hot dry weather on the way.

there has been almost no rain or snow since mid march here. the last time i saw abundant precipitations was mid march. i am asthmatic. i had to take refuge at my niece place because the air quality was too mediocre. she lives on the shores of the st lawrence river. my other niece in chapais had to be evacuated from her home.

there has been almost no rain or snow since mid march here. the last time i saw abundant precipitations was mid march. i am asthmatic. i had to take refuge at my niece place because the air quality was too mediocre. she lives on the shores of the st lawrence river. my other niece in chapais had to be evacuated from her home.

Same deal over here on the west coast. I got back from vacation May 13th and I'm not even sure it has rained since then, maybe one day.

That's how it was here in the PNW the summers of 20 and 21. There were fires all over the West Coast and up into Canada.

With the El Niño weather pattern predicted this year, it may be another bad year. A Canadian friend is saying they are supposed to hit 100f in interior British Columbia this weekend, so more hot dry weather on the way.
It was pretty bad the last two to three years and I have been up here since 1995. Really messed with my Asthma, not looking forward to this year.

For a smoke solution, get a box fan. Get one of those pleated furnace filters the same size as the box fan. Fasten it to the front of the fan and turn the fan on. Watch how dirty that filter gets.

Here in Buffalo its a bit hazy. You can smell it. Happy I added a cabin air filter to my Tahoe!

Reactions: JC1
It is nasty here..
Smoke everywhere. Burns my eyes even with several air purifiers.

They're even reporting abut it on the local news here (Fla) and are warning people about the health risks and are warning people with breathing trouble not to go outside and warning others not to do strenuous activities outside.

Richmond, VA area - pretty hazy.....doing a track day tomorrow...wonder how that will impact it?

Same deal over here on the west coast. I got back from vacation May 13th and I'm not even sure it has rained since then, maybe one day.
Here in eastern WV the grass is burned brown due to drought. Is anybody in the US getting any rain?

Here in eastern WV the grass is burned brown due to drought. Is anybody in the US getting any rain?
A couple months ago here in Maryland it rained every day for weeks. Nothing much since.
Yesterday in Oxford PA I ran into a bad storm... It spitted a few drops but refused to really rain...
IMG_20230606_154330009_HDR.jpg

We just had rain recently here in central VA but it's June now so the irrigation system for yard has been turned on.

Back