C7 Corvette

There is nothing worse listening sound of that V8 and automatic shifting on par NissanSentra.
$1,750? You pay to play. Are those just parts or labor?
That's for the parts and partial labor but the price can vary depending on where you take it to. I actually think the automatics sound great with the factory NPP exhaust and an automatic transmission. I have owned several Corvette's and never put a clutch in one or had a problem with the automatics either. Unless you beat on it like a rented mule the clutch should last a very long time therefore for most owners it's not something to worry about. You will spend a lot more on rear tires if you are constantly thrashing the vehicle. Just the base model has 460 HP which good enough for most people.

That's for the parts and partial labor but the price can vary depending on where you take it to. I actually think the automatics sound great with the factory NPP exhaust and an automatic transmission. I have owned several Corvette's and never put a clutch in one or had a problem with the automatics either. Unless you beat on it like a rented mule the clutch should last a very long time therefore for most owners it's not something to worry about. You will spend a lot more on rear tires if you are constantly thrashing the vehicle. Just the base model has 460 HP which good enough for most people.
$1750 is not bad at all.
Sorry, I have opportunity to hear C7 automatics on track all the time, and it is horror to ears. I can get over ZF8 or dual clutch in performance cars, but that gen? Yuck.

The blue C7 Z06 I put an offer on, is a manual, has the carbon brakes, and pretty much all the options. We'll see if things work out.

I recently went for a ride/drive in a friends C8 Corvette. I didn't really care for it. But it got me thinking that a C7 with a manual transmission might be fun. So for those that are familiar with these cars, what options would you recommend to look for?
Are you looking for medium, high, or bonkers performance from a c7? The king of the hill was the ZR-1 then Z06 then theres a carbon edition that is expensive and rare etc.

So I mentioned on a Motorcycle forum I've been on for years, that I was thinking of getting a 'Vette.

This was posted:

1000004152.jpg

I'm not sure I'm ready for that...

I really like that Z06! I’m curious if the market has softened. I bought my 2017 Grand Sport 2 LT for $68 or $69k new. Sticker was $77k-ish. Sold it earlier this year for $60k to a dealer which I was thrilled to get.

Don’t worry about the haters, that Z06 is one sweet performance machine and I’m digging the color. Very few cars can keep up with that on the track. Most of the people I see aren’t that old around me with the newer Vettes. Maybe at a car show, but I was 35 when I got my C7 and don’t have any white New Balances or jorts in my closet.

It wasn't my intention to offend...

I have never owned a Corvette. I've driven a bunch. If I do buy one, it will need to have a manual trans. As alluded to in my initial post. I'm not worried about possibly replacing a clutch. I have the lift, the tools and the background to do so if needed.

I just figured that there might be those here who could educate me on the variations and options available on a C7.

I went and looked it over, and took it for a drive. It's pretty peppy. We're still a ways apart on what we respectively think it's worth. I'm patient, and it's not the end of the world if it doesn't work out.

148846-1696998212-382723.jpg

I recently went for a ride/drive in a friends C8 Corvette. I didn't really care for it. But it got me thinking that a C7 with a manual transmission might be fun. So for those that are familiar with these cars, what options would you recommend to look for?
I have a coworker that bought a C7 that had been hit in the front end. He had the car delivered on a rollback truck and worked on it in the parking lot for a couple of weeks rebuilding the front suspension and repairing the body damage, which was slight. I was skeptical that he could do a good job of fixing it. He let me drive it, and it turned out nice. Great power. The 7-speed manual is very satisfying to drive. If you want a car for trips on nice days and evening cruising a Grand Sport may be too aggressive. The Z51 package is firmer suspension and faster steering with probably power steering and engine oil coolers added. Grand Sport is even more aggressive, being set up for track days with larger brakes.

So I mentioned on a Motorcycle forum I've been on for years, that I was thinking of getting a 'Vette.

This was posted:

View attachment 206024

I'm not sure I'm ready for that...
Yes. That was the scene at Corvette club events when I bought my C4 in 1991. They would stand around all day and talk about which wax is the best. When I asked them how well their cars ran at track days, they would look at me like I had antennas sticking out of my head. "Oh no, track days would put brake dust on our wheels."

Things have changed since then. Corvettes are the most popular cars at track days, and the owners aren't afraid of using them to their fullest.

I want a manual c7 but they're so impractical so I'll probably end up with a diesel bmw wagon instead

I want a manual c7 but they're so impractical so I'll probably end up with a diesel bmw wagon instead

We're considering a manual C7, such as this Z06 I've posted pics of, because it's more practical than our other sportscar

Another pic.

148846-1696996518-941071.jpg

Back