Michelin or Continental for C7

Recently bought a set of wheels for the C7. I went with Michelin Pilot Sport AS4 for tires. Long story short the tires I ordered are a bit too narrow and look stretched. I hate it. So I’m going to take a loss and replace these tires that have less than 300 miles on them 🤦‍♂️

I’ve had 2 sets of the Michelin AS3+ on the Mustang and love them. In my experience Michelin Pilot Sport AS tires give up very little to full summer tires.

I’m considering going with the Continental Extreme Contact DWSO6 plus this time around which is also another performance all season tire. Has anyone had both?

I have used both. Cannot tell any difference between the two for me. Granted the cars I have these on are M-B's and don't have nearly the HP or suspension setup as a C7.

I thought the C7 had the Pilot Port All Seasons as a stock tire? Did you order the stock size?
The C8s do.

I got new wheels. 9.5 inch width front.
11 inch back.

I put 255/35/19 on the front.
295/30/20 on the back. According to the charts online those were well suited to my widths but they still appear a little stretched.

Might be as close to being able to answer what you are looking for.

I have the Pilot Sport AS4 on my charger widebody and the Conti DWs on the wife's Mini JCW.

Charger has seen both track days and drag strip. No issues whatsoever in either case with these tires. For the track days was as competitive as I could be with the C7s running around given the obvious differences in platform.

Most telling part about the Pilot's performance was running a 12.3x on the strip in 60 degree temp. This is better than published time for the car but also had vary favorable temp/sun/prep conditions. Hooking up was no issue at all and I did not use the the factory launch control. Just mashed and go.

One time took them out in about 4 inches of snow to see how they do, and except for the steepest hills around me (Pennsyvania) they were pretty good. Wouldn't do it again unless it was a live or death situation but they did well. I do drive the charger year round and they have been great in rain etc as well.

The mini is driven as a daily driver so not close to the horsepower or usage but they have been great in all weather. Never feel like im limited by the tire.

Gun to my head, would keep the Pilot Sport AS4s if I was in your situation.

If you go only for looks:
front is within spec (Rim Width Range: 8.5-10")
rear is within spec (Rim Width Range: 10-11")

Krzyś

If you go only for looks:
front is within spec (Rim Width Range: 8.5-10")
rear is within spec (Rim Width Range: 10-11")

Krzyś
It’s well within spec and that’s what makes this extremely annoying. Look at this back wheel….

Attachments

• 5FD911F6-ADEE-42CC-ADBB-5C71FBDCC31B.jpeg
    5FD911F6-ADEE-42CC-ADBB-5C71FBDCC31B.jpeg
    167.7 KB · Views: 48
Honestly I would just keep these tires and enjoy them.

What vehicle are those C7 wheels going on ?

Continental is better in rain (not that Michelin is not).
Michelin will have better feedback and turn in.
I keep DWS06+ pumped to max recommended for performance driving (BMW has two recommended pressure settings).
Bridgestone has new AS tire too.

Honestly I would just keep these tires and enjoy them.

What vehicle are those C7 wheels going on ?
I tried. It just doesn’t look right to me.

Are you asking what I’m doing with the stock wheels? They are going in the basement for now.

Back