New Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought the new Michelin's Pilot Sport A/S 3 today. So far they seem quieter than my Cont. Extreme DWS. Wet traction is good, since it did pour this afternoon in Ohio. I will have to wait a few more miles to really tell any difference. I like the look of the tire.

2005 Scion TC
2008 Honda Civic EX coupe

Having put just over 3k miles on my set. Replaced the factory hankooks... will never own a set of those again factory tires on kia optima 215/55/17 ps as3's are 235/50/17... handling is awesome... not the stiffest side wall but it is an all season. Hydro resistance is almost unbelievable. .. wet traction is very very good. Granted this is an optima and not a bmw or r32 or something with good power.... dry traction is great. They are rated for 40-45k something along those lines. If they make it to 30-35k ill but another set when I buy new wheels.
The compairison reviews were a little "ooook" got them anyways and while I wasnt in the sti compairing the other tires. I will agree these play ball well and probably do out perform a lot of summer tires. Handle well at triple digit speeds mph for long periods of time (take it easy guys im stationed in europe...)
I would recommend these to anyone ill try and report back in for the winter months and with more miles.

Originally Posted By: HellaBroke
Having put just over 3k miles on my set. Replaced the factory hankooks... will never own a set of those again factory tires on kia optima 215/55/17 ps as3's are 235/50/17... handling is awesome... not the stiffest side wall but it is an all season. Hydro resistance is almost unbelievable. .. wet traction is very very good. Granted this is an optima and not a bmw or r32 or something with good power.... dry traction is great. They are rated for 40-45k something along those lines. If they make it to 30-35k ill but another set when I buy new wheels.
The compairison reviews were a little "ooook" got them anyways and while I wasnt in the sti compairing the other tires. I will agree these play ball well and probably do out perform a lot of summer tires. Handle well at triple digit speeds mph for long periods of time (take it easy guys im stationed in europe...)
I would recommend these to anyone ill try and report back in for the winter months and with more miles.

Thanks for the report! The 235/50-17 is the exact size I was thinking about getting in a few years when I wear out the current (new) set of Goodyears on my Cruze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back