c6 Z06 & C7 Z06

I was looking to purchase a C6 Z06 one of the last NA V8 manual cars. I saw an immaculate 2009 with 4300 miles. The car was stunning in Machine Silver so much so my wife who isnt a car person thought it looked fantastic. I am 6'1" and really couldnt fit. I felt like I was in a tunnel and really didnt have much headroom. and the seats truely felt like I was on a couch. I was pretty disappointed. They had a C7 Z06 and I think it was worse. I am not sure why GM cant get it right but I dont think 6'1" is exceptionally tall.

A few people on one of the Corvette forums mentioned switching out seat springs and changing to an earlier headliner. People mentioned it adds a couple of inches of headroom.

I would spend more time playing with the seat angles and maybe you will find a setting that works. I am 6'0" and seem to fit the C5, C6, C7 and even the C8 for the 3 minutes I sat in a C8.

I know you have 1 more inch, but play with the seat more you may find a angle/position that works.

Also a car with such low miles the seat cushion is still puffy, as the seat cushion wears/compresses this helps. Also some models I have been in the cushion inflates with controls on the side of the seat. Deflating can buy you another inch or so.

It took me a while on my `03 Z06 to get comfy, but yes my head is close.

I was looking to purchase a C6 Z06 one of the last NA V8 manual cars. I saw an immaculate 2009 with 4300 miles. The car was stunning in Machine Silver so much so my wife who isnt a car person thought it looked fantastic. I am 6'1" and really couldnt fit. I felt like I was in a tunnel and really didnt have much headroom. and the seats truely felt like I was on a couch. I was pretty disappointed. They had a C7 Z06 and I think it was worse. I am not sure why GM cant get it right but I dont think 6'1" is exceptionally tall.
I'm 5'10.75 and fit just fine in my C6 Z06 with tons of room to spare. I have no idea what to tell you there, because you are certainly far from the tallest person who has fit in a C6Z. My Dad is 6'2 and fit just fine. Loved the car.

Yes, the seats did fail hardcore, IMO.

I'm 5-10 and I feel like anybody taller will have trouble. I fit in a C6 or C7 nicely, but I must have the seat all the way back in both. Odd because I have somewhat short legs (30 inches) and a longer torso.

I'm 5'10.75 and fit just fine in my C6 Z06 with tons of room to spare. I have no idea what to tell you there, because you are certainly far from the tallest person who has fit in a C6Z. My Dad is 6'2 and fit just fine. Loved the car.

Yes, the seats did fail hardcore, IMO.
Ws6,

While I did fit, my line of sight out the windshield was terrible. The top of the windshield was just about in my line of sight and had to put the seat at at such an angle as to make it uncomfortable to drive. Nice car and looks to be alot of fun enjoy yours!

I’m just under 6’ 4” and fit in my C7 Grand Sport just fine. I have a long torso body type. With a helmet my head hits the roof but fortunately that doesn’t happen often. The transparent roof panels offer more headroom if that is your issue.

Ws6,

While I did fit, my line of sight out the windshield was terrible. The top of the windshield was just about in my line of sight and had to put the seat at at such an angle as to make it uncomfortable to drive. Nice car and looks to be alot of fun enjoy yours!
My Dad fit fine and had no issues like you describe. That's weird, man.

Back