Bullet keyholed

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I hear most are too long for a Seecamp magazine. Made for hollow point

Posts on topic: Post 1- I was wondering if anyone has tried the Fiocchi Extrema XTP .32 Auto 60 Grain Hornady XTP
Post 2 A quick Google search shows an OAL of .940, so that'll be tough sledding in a Seecamp.
Post 5 Did they fit?
Post 7 No not even close

We recommend the following ammunition:

Winchester Silvertip 60gr. HP
Federal Premium Hydra Shok 65gr. JHP
Speer Gold Dot 60gr. GDHP
PMC Bronze 60gr. JHP

Sign of the times. Getting rid of lead means we have to use up expensive, industrially
critical metals like copper! Darn!

Stocking up on lead bullets!

Originally Posted By: billt460
ALL bullets are designed and tested to perform with a straight, nose forward delivery. Tumbling bullets are totally unpredictable in both accuracy, as well as performance. If the gun won't deliver it's ammunition properly, something is wrong. Either with the weapon, or the ammunition. And it should be corrected.

+1. But I wonder if this new to OP gun was cleaned properly. I had that issue with a .223 bolt action once.

Greenhill formula is that projectile length (in calibres) times twist (in calibres) needs to be (under) 150.

Take the simplest of projectiles (cylinder), and the copper bullet needs 25% tighter twist for the same stabilisation...normal shapes, moreso.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: billt460
ALL bullets are designed and tested to perform with a straight, nose forward delivery. Tumbling bullets are totally unpredictable in both accuracy, as well as performance. If the gun won't deliver it's ammunition properly, something is wrong. Either with the weapon, or the ammunition. And it should be corrected.

+1. But I wonder if this new to OP gun was cleaned properly. I had that issue with a .223 bolt action once.

New Unfired

Originally Posted By: john_pifer
Would the unconventionally-designed solid Cu bullets made by Lehigh Defense suffer from the same lack of stabilization as the Barnes Cu bullets?

I’ve often thought that those Extreme Defender And Extreme Penetrator bullets would make good choices in a smaller caliber pistol, due to the potential for greater wounding effect than a FMJ. That is, if they’ll feed reliably.

A soft lead flat point would also probably make sense - again, it should do more damage than a FMJ round. Again...if it’ll run in the gun.

RIGHT ! The targets I see show that when they fire Lehigh Defense and Underwood are fine and in gel work great. Seems a mixed bag. Lots of fail to fire..talk of the first trigger pull just seating the bullet..lots of fail to eject and feed.
SOME REPORT PERFECT I may try some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back