Buffalo Bore Ammo

Messages
325
Location
Hedgesville, WV
I am sure it will do fine but I have noticed Buffalo Bore stuff seems hot in the standard stuff I cant imagine what their +p is like. That said I would never feed any gun I liked a steady diet of +p unless it was 38+p in a 357.
 

BlueOvalFitter

Thread starter
Messages
7,908
Location
Cajun Country, La.
Originally Posted by hatt
The +P .45 doesn't look super hot. Your bank account will suffer more than the gun.
Not really. My son wants to buy it and see how "HOT" it is in my new G21. popcorn I know, I stated I was buying it, but he's buying a lot of other ammo as well so we both can shoot it.
 
Messages
211
Location
Pennsylvania
Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Does the owner's manual for that Glock say it's OK to use +P ammo?
When it comes to personal safety this can't be stressed enough.
 
Messages
568
Location
Pacific Northwest
The main issue here is leading. Glock barrels have a different type of rifling than standard barrels and are more prone to lead accumulation when firing non-jacketed rounds. If enough lead builds up, that increases pressure and eventually, things could go boink. The other issue is that the 255 grain semi-wadcutters tend to not feed well in autos. Most people using these rounds are using them in .45ACP wheel-guns like the S&W 625.
 
Last edited:

BlueOvalFitter

Thread starter
Messages
7,908
Location
Cajun Country, La.
Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Since the Glock has an un-supported chamber I believe I'd not be shooting P+ Ammo.
Hmmmm..... Never owning more than 2 Glocks in my lifetime I didn't know this. But, Glock owners HAVE/DO shoot PLUS P ammo, right?
 
Messages
6,603
Location
Wet side WA
Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Since the Glock has an un-supported chamber I believe I'd not be shooting P+ Ammo.
Hmmmm..... Never owning more than 2 Glocks in my lifetime I didn't know this. But, Glock owners HAVE/DO shoot PLUS P ammo, right?
Their gun, their hands and their eyes! https://us.glock.com/en/faqs Question 7
 
Last edited:
Messages
25,092
Location
PNW
Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Does the owner's manual for that Glock say it's OK to use +P ammo?
Do you always follow an owners manual? coffee
Might as well try and find some +P+ then, lol.
 

BlueOvalFitter

Thread starter
Messages
7,908
Location
Cajun Country, La.
Originally Posted by ammolab
Regular 45ACP ammo isn't enough as is?.... Should have bought a bigger gun!
I did carry an M-60 sometimes while in the Army. You think I should find one? shoot
 
Messages
1,065
Location
FL
Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
Originally Posted by hatt
The +P .45 doesn't look super hot. Your bank account will suffer more than the gun.
Not really. My son wants to buy it and see how "HOT" it is in my new G21. popcorn I know, I stated I was buying it, but he's buying a lot of other ammo as well so we both can shoot it.
It's very "HOT", although not as "HOT" as the Buffalo Bore 45 Super 255 gr...You gonna try that one too? I wouldn't shoot either unless I'm in bear country.
 
Last edited:
Top