Boy Scout popcorn sales- when greed kills the goose

Status
Not open for further replies.
And adding a little "salt to the story". As I said in my first post, I am out donating funds to BSA. The entire popcorn fundraiser stinks in every possible way.

And adding a little "salt to the story". As I said in my first post, I am out donating funds to BSA. The entire popcorn fundraiser stinks in every possible way.

That is not anecdotal of all the adults volunteers who still may be involved in this organization. There are always bad people lurking around. Fortunately for all of us they are a very small number.

Interesting find direct off a google search. I did not validate, verify, nor accredit its accuracy, but if accurate, not a bad salary for Indianapolis.

These salaries do not appear to include senior executives.

Weaver Fundraising Salaries

How much do Weaver Fundraising employees earn on average in the United States?
Weaver Fundraising pays an average salary of $197,659 and salaries range from a low of $174,469 to a high of $223,383. Individual salaries will, of course, vary depending on the job, department, location, as well as the individual skills and education of each employee.
And from what I see on the internet, Weaver manages the "Scouts BSA" fundraisers. It's enough to make you simply hand over cash directly to your intended recipient.

Five or six years ago I bought $150 worth of groceries for a women who looked like a farm working Mexican grandmother. It was a few days before Christmas. I was in line behind her. She didn't have an extensive collection of items - pretty much necessities - but she didn't have enough money to pay for what she had. One by one they took items off to get the price down. I thought the old woman was going to cry. At that point I told the checker, "Put it all back. I'll pay for everything." The checker literally broke down in tears and grandma repeated over and over again, "Gracias, gracias, gracias señor."

I'll never forget it. It was one of my prouder moments in life and that moment lasts to this day. And there was ZERO overhead in the transaction. I don't give away money to just anyone, but when you have a gut feeling that you're doing something helpful for a good person in need, try it sometime.

Scott

Last edited:
Why doesn't everybody list their salaries and let's see as a group if we feel you are over paid or not. Real easy to sit behind a keyboard and pass judgement.

Who is going to start? GON?

Last edited:
Why doesn't everybody list their salaries and let's see as a group if we feel you are over paid or not. Real easy to sit behind a keyboard and pass judgement.

Who is going to start? GON?

You'd need to adjust for the cost of living in a given area. $100K does not go as far in metro DC as it does in metro Pittsburgh.

Reactions: CKN
You'd need to adjust for the cost of living in a given area. $100K does not go as far in metro DC as it does in metro Pittsburgh.

$100,000.00 doesn't go far in the Western U.S. if you want to buy a house........but yea-you would need to adjust -$100,000.00 in Arkansas you live like a king.

Heck, even metro Pittsburgh is expensive. 20 years ago you couldn't give a block of old townhouses in Lawrenceville away, now they're going for $500k a unit.

Reactions: CKN
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back