Boxed Motor Oil WARNING

I have had distilled water and a wiper fluid clear plastic jugs fail recently.
Never before - 60 years.
The water was above the washer and wood floor, wife came and got me for a mouse noise - drip, drip, drip.

I have had distilled water and a wiper fluid clear plastic jugs fail recently.
Never before - 60 years.
The water was above the washer and wood floor, wife came and got me for a mouse noise - drip, drip, drip.
If the distilled water was the gallon of milk design, those containers are NOTORIOUS for failing and leaking. It comes up in disaster prep all the time, people try to store them or rinse them out after using them for something else and refill them...they leak. They all seem to end up leaking, if you keep them long enough.

2 liter soda bottles are the kind you want

If the distilled water was the gallon of milk design, those containers are NOTORIOUS for failing and leaking. It comes up in disaster prep all the time, people try to store them or rinse them out after using them for something else and refill them...they leak. They all seem to end up leaking, if you keep them long enough.

2 liter soda bottles are the kind you want
Yes to design, but neither refilled, just hopefully stored.
I like to keep distilled inside for 'saline', irons, and such...

Who need Amazoned-out when you have Wally's - or a good local
Auto Parts Store.

Shipping regularly retrievable stuff to your home is NOT good.

People have to get over their crack-like addiction of "click and buy".
And this Company need to get knocked back a few.

True. I just checked Wally’s and they will ship it to my house. No in-store pickup available though. I thought that was odd.

50+ years later and no leaks though it has been shipped coast to coast (can on the right). It can all depend on how it is handled and stored, but at the same time, I have no desire to start using the boxes versus jugs or bottles.

KU6mdJ.jpg

Auto Parts Store.

Hello, with covid out in various strains, "click & buy" is it right now, WORLDWIDE !

Auto Parts Store.

What is so much worse about having the delivery truck that's going down my street already, and stopping at my house already, also bring a jug of oil...vs me driving my car to the auto parts store or WM just to buy a jug of oil? It had to be delivered all but the last few miles just the same either way, what's more efficient for those last few miles? I'd wager it's my car that's worse

True. I just checked Wally’s and they will ship it to my house. No in-store pickup available though. I thought that was odd.
I find good deals at Walmart.com …
Just got full synthetic Valvoline Dexron VI / Mercon LV:
8 quarts for $35 & change to get free shipping

What is so much worse about having the delivery truck that's going down my street already, and stopping at my house already, also bring a jug of oil...vs me driving my car to the auto parts store or WM just to buy a jug of oil? It had to be delivered all but the last few miles just the same either way, what's more efficient for those last few miles? I'd wager it's my car that's worse
You buy the oil when you are at the store for other things, like your your weekly or bi-monthly grocery shopping. Buying oil should be something you only do a couple times a year.

And that truck is coming down your street too often due to all the other lazy duffs clicking and buying.

It used to be a rarity to see UPS and Fedex, Now they are clogging up even rural neighborhoods.

If you don't understand the enormous impact this activity is having on the Local economy, jobs, environment then you should take take a closer look.

It is likely to have the WORSE economic impact since free trade a few decade ago.

Last edited:
This "environmentally friendly packaging" seems headed in the direction of the CARB compliant POS gas cans that result in a whole bunch of spilled gas trying to use the **** things
I don't like the new style containers either. Easier to pour from that's about it. I left a 2 1/2 gallon out in the sun and it swelled up so round it toppled over on its side.

You buy the oil when you are at the store for other things, like your your weekly or bi-monthly grocery shopping. Buying oil should be something you only do a couple times a year.

And that truck is coming down your street too often due to all the other lazy duffs clicking and buying.

It used to be a rarity to see UPS and Fedex, Now they are clogging up even rural neighborhoods.

If you don't understand the enormous impact this activity is having on the Local economy, jobs, environment then you should take take a closer look.

It is likely to have the WORSE economic impact since free trade a few decade ago.
No I don't. I don't grocery shop at Autozone, or Advance, and I rarely if ever go to Walmart. I'm not buying my oil and filter at Publix or Kroger.

If you really think me getting into my gas guzzler and driving myself across town just to buy oil is good for the environment, I don't know how to help you correct yourself.

I guarantee you the marginal environmental impact of adding a jug of oil to the delivery truck for the last several miles (after it already went how far?) is less than the marginal impact of adding my personal vehicle to the road to go get it.

No I don't. I don't grocery shop at Autozone, or Advance, and I rarely if ever go to Walmart. I'm not buying my oil and filter at Publix or Kroger.

If you really think me getting into my gas guzzler and driving myself across town just to buy oil is good for the environment, I don't know how to help you correct yourself.

I guarantee you the marginal environmental impact of adding a jug of oil to the delivery truck for the last several miles (after it already went how far?) is less than the marginal impact of adding my personal vehicle to the road to go get it.
You have to plan you trips more wisely. I am lucky, If I need oil I shop at a local Walmart Supercenter and pick it up when grocery buying. I usuallyonly have to do this maybe 3x per year. It can be planned easily.

Also, its not just YOUR parcel its tens of millions of parcels. Going to multiple hubs and maybe on a aircraft.

Just think about it. The Amazon business model will DESTROY our economy.

You have to plan you trips more wisely. I am lucky, If I need oil I shop at a local Walmart Supercenter and pick it up when grocery buying. I usuallyonly have to do this maybe 3x per year. It can be planned easily.

Also, its not just YOUR parcel its tens of millions of parcels. Going to multiple hubs and maybe on a aircraft.

Just think about it. The Amazon business model will DESTROY our economy.
I don't have to do that, I get it delivered to my door on the same truck that's bringing other stuff already. Easy peasy.

Again, I don't grocery shop at Walmart. You do. Good for you!

PS: You are getting bent out of shape over the method of delivery for probably 0.2% of that parcel's travel distance.

Yes, it will DESTROY our economy the way Walmart DESTROYED our economy

Back