Bought a New F150 Today !!!

Towing package on a 2.7? Maybe a lightweight aluminum boat or a light utility trailer. I wouldn't want to try to pull a car hauler or big box trailer with it.

Apparently you have no clue as to what this engine is capable of.

Originally Posted by Elkins45
Towing package on a 2.7? Maybe a lightweight aluminum boat or a light utility trailer. I wouldn't want to try to pull a car hauler or big box trailer with it.

My 2.7 ecoboost tows a heavy load incredibly. In fact, that's exactly where it shines! It has amazing power right where it's needed. Unlike V8's that have to rev way up to pull.

The block is a tough, long wearing graphite/iron and the pistons/rings are very heavy duty. They are not light duty and are not prone to wear or failure.

Originally Posted by LoneRanger
When did Washington state legalize peyote?
Bugatti La Voiture Noire.....Bugs-got-yi Da Vulture Annoy.....I said my spelling was a little off. Anyone on peyote coulda figured it out! ha ha ha Hey, have ya picked up girls wearing cowboy hats with yer pickup, yet?

Last edited:
I like the color! I bought a 2020 F150 Larait (slightly used w/28,000 miles) with the 3.5 Eco-Boost last September. Just got done with my first tow. The 3.5 can tow my 5,000 pound travel trailer up mountain passes much better than the 5.3 in the Silverado I had!

PXL_20220927_191827100.MP.jpg

Back