Bought a New F150 Today !!!

For anyone following (or tolerating...) my recent posts about my quest for a truck, well ... I went big.

Had been looking at Colorado/Canyon, but GM dealers just seemed too proud of them price-wise speaking. Sooooo... Just brought home a 2019 Ford F150 XL 4x4 supercab (not crew) this evening. I didn't get the entire $10K in rebates and discounts advertised but did get 9K off MSRP of $42,000 which brought it to 33K.

It's the truck I posted the equipment layout of in my other thread.

2.7 liter ecoboost V6, STX sport appearance pkg (20" rims, mesh grill, running boards, etc). The ten speed trans is a little clunky but not too bad. I can live with it. Only 11 miles on it at delivery this evening so it should smooth out and loosen up after a few hundred more. Has tow pkg w/ class three hitch receiver and electric prep, 3.55:1 axle ratio (locking rear diff). Kind of no frills inside but I don't want a lot of gadgetry in my vehicles. Does have the big touch screen like they all do anymore, the Ford Sync thing and all that. Color is called magnetic gray. Went there intent on getting the black one same exact equipment, but saw the gray and it looked so much better to me.

No intentions of towing anything it just had the pkg on it so there's that.

This is a lot of truck for only 33K, I have no complaints about value for the money, it looks and feels more expensive.

After driving a stick shift Subaru Forester around for 10 years, this thing feels like a *beast*. I will have to get used to the size. My Forester was rated 20/26 city/highway and this truck is rated 19/24. For the size and being a 4x4 I think that is somewhat amazing.

Here's a couple quick shots taken in the driveway earlier:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Very nice - now, if only the new iPhone could capture the interior smell
wink.gif
…

Very nice! I have been looking at a very similar truck. I'm looking at the Super Crew STX in 2 WD. with the 2.7 Ecoboost. Right now these XLs with the STX package are one of the best deals going in pickups. I like the styling of the new Ram but, their new Etorque system has some problems.

Nice ride. Congrats. I opted for the Crew Cab with the 5.0 There's a bunch of mods that can be done to make these even better. check out the F150 forum https://www.f150forum.com/f118/
So far in mine I've updated the headlights to LED's, changed to the nicer leather wrapped steering wheel, disabled the auto start stop feature, and a few other things. Read a bunch of the threads over there.

20181217_210239.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great. Sounds like you are happy and that's what really counts. I have owned a few Ford trucks over the years and always had good luck with them.

Congrats! A coworker just bought one a few months ago, same door configuration as yours and she is very happy with it. She did mention that driven with a light foot, mpg's can be very reasonable.

Well done. The 2.7 and 10 speed is the best combo out there.
I believe everyone else is chasing Ford right now.
Magnetic is stunning. My BIL just got the XLT with the longer bed.
I want one...

Last edited:
Enjoy your baby! The 2.7 is a terrific engine and the STX has the looks. With the 3:55 she'll have legs to run with!. The trannie should smooth out after the learning process. My ‘18 was smooth from the get go. As far as the paint goes Ford has been painting aluminum for quite a while in applications other than the trucks. Can the aluminum panels peel? Sure, but so do the steel ones. I wouldn't worry about it. Have fun!

Nice truck! And good configuration for color and packages. No need for a glamorous $60k truck.

Need "peeling paint on aluminum box" stats. I believe the time-proven primer (zinc-chromate) was outlawed.

Are those wheels attractive to thieves?

What's the profile of those 20 inchers....55 or 45?

Best of luck with it.

Congrats on the truck. You basically experienced what I have felt is a problem with mid size trucks. You can go full size for the same, if not less, money. Right now you have what I believe is Ford's most trustworthy power-train. The 2.7 is a strong engine with great performance. The only issue I am aware of is that some of them have had some oil leaks from the plastic oil pan. Just keep an eye on that because Ford puts a shield under the engine where you wouldn't necessarily see an oil drip immediately. Otherwise it is a stout performer and has the potential for very good gas mileage if driven with less than a lead foot. Congrats again; she's a beauty.

Back