Bought a new F150 EB... tickets on the horizon!

So, I was bored with my N/A Subarus, and the wife was complaining she didn't have anything to get mulch, and gravel, and yada yada to the house. So I got a 2019 F150 SuperCrew STX with the 3.5 EB, ordered from Carvana. Same day I ordered the truck, I ordered an SCT BDX tuner with an 87 octane perf/tow tune, and an E30 performance tune from 5 Star Tuning, since I live in Cornfield, USA, and E85 is plentiful and cheap ($1.44/gal on today's fillup). Here's a quick closed-course, "professionally" driven, 0-100 run so you guys can have some giggles. My hand stopwatch puts this mid-4s 0-60, and about 10 seconds 0-100. Enjoy!

Yeah that's with a full 36 gallon tank and my (ahem) 300lbs in it :) Got an S&B intake on the way as well, and may do a HP GDI pump on it since 5 star says truck is limited to E30 tunes stock. E50 tunes have netted 601HP with a CAI... time to find a stronger driveshaft!

3.5EB ftmfw

I had one as a rental in 2018 when my truck was rear-ended. I never took it out of sport mode....wahoo. :devilish:

Holy crap, that thing scoots!

Should take that thing to a track and see what it does. I raced one at the strip on my Genesis, I won easily (he did 17 seconds in the 1/4 mile) but he couldn’t get it to hook up, just kept spinning.

Jeff, it's $425 from 5 Star Tuning. :)

The truck is an XL. Only real options I wanted were STX, 36 gallon tank, and 3.55 electronically locking rearend. You can get a brand new one with rebates for about $45k. Mine was less than that. And yes, it's fun as all get-out. Part-throttle passes easily clear 80+ in the length of the car you're passing. It's so easy its almost not fun.

Who am I kidding?? It's the most fun I've had since being in the Navy! Track day will likely be 1st weekend that Muncie Dragway is open. Hoping for a solid 12.60 or better.

If I was going to track something like that I would first add a roll bar inside and 4 point roll harness for both front passangers that was rated to handle my weight.

I had a neighbor who lived 2 doors up the street from me. When he retired he bought a jeep with an extreme special order engine. He use to say that he could actually see the gas gauge dropping when he floored it. One day he rolled it at least 3 times. The factory seat-belt was a not anywhere near enough protection. 6 months later got out of the hospital with a lot of metal in him including new additions to his spine, clavicle, and a few other bones. He never moved fast for the rest of his life.

If you are going to drive it like a race car, then protect everyone in it like a race car.

Jeff, it's $425 from 5 Star Tuning. :)

The truck is an XL. Only real options I wanted were STX, 36 gallon tank, and 3.55 electronically locking rearend. You can get a brand new one with rebates for about $45k. Mine was less than that. And yes, it's fun as all get-out. Part-throttle passes easily clear 80+ in the length of the car you're passing. It's so easy its almost not fun.

Who am I kidding?? It's the most fun I've had since being in the Navy! Track day will likely be 1st weekend that Muncie Dragway is open. Hoping for a solid 12.60 or better.
Just curious, how much did you save over a new one? The prices of late-model used trucks has been nuts.

Those aluminum F150 are fast. Its tempting to order one of those regular cab short bed 5.0 from one of those dealers who puts a supercharger on it for ya. I believe it was less than 50k and has some sort of warranty.

So, I was bored with my N/A Subarus, and the wife was complaining she didn't have anything to get mulch, and gravel, and yada yada to the house. So I got a 2019 F150 SuperCrew STX with the 3.5 EB, ordered from Carvana. Same day I ordered the truck, I ordered an SCT BDX tuner with an 87 octane perf/tow tune, and an E30 performance tune from 5 Star Tuning, since I live in Cornfield, USA, and E85 is plentiful and cheap ($1.44/gal on today's fillup). Here's a quick closed-course, "professionally" driven, 0-100 run so you guys can have some giggles. My hand stopwatch puts this mid-4s 0-60, and about 10 seconds 0-100. Enjoy!

I’m Jealous !!!
SWEET RIDE

We need Pics

Oh you just Sending it ain’t you lol

My 2020 STX Super Cab, with the 2.7 Ecoboost, is plenty fast for me. I can’t even imagine what the 3.5 is capable of. What oil will you be using?

Back