Bought a new F150 EB... tickets on the horizon!

My 2020 STX Super Cab, with the 2.7 Ecoboost, is plenty fast for me. I can’t even imagine what the 3.5 is capable of. What oil will you be using?
Well, I have some decent oils left so I'll be using those first... 18L of Ravenol DXG left, about 7-8 jugs of Pennzoil Euro 0W-40, and then I'll have to make some hard decisions. Depends on how big of sales Blauparts has! :ROFLMAO: Already have an XG10575 waiting for a slightly warmer day.

Photo from the website, since it's been nasty out here and it's already dirty... will get some others once I get it washed up again. But this is my actual truck.

Attachments

• truck.PNG
    truck.PNG
    92.2 KB · Views: 62
Well, I have some decent oils left so I'll be using those first... 18L of Ravenol DXG left, about 7-8 jugs of Pennzoil Euro 0W-40, and then I'll have to make some hard decisions. Depends on how big of sales Blauparts has! :ROFLMAO: Already have an XG10575 waiting for a slightly warmer day.
That motor needs Redline

Trust me !

The wheel was on it. It appears to be part of the STX package (or possibly the pro trailer package?)? Not really sure, because believe it or not I never worried about the details of the F150s, 'cuz I didn't plan on buying one. I didn't even know it was a Raptor wheel til I saw it on the Ford Performance website for $600!

News to me that it was available anywhere else. I thought the paddles and red stripe were just for the Raptors. The paddles function?

That motor needs Redline

Trust me !
I'm going to do a UOA on DXG, I don't think any of the Redlines in xW-30 are low calcium, are they? DXG is not only PAO, but also meets d1G2 specs, which IMO is a decent combo. My only real concern on the 3.5 is the pesky internal water pump. Did Ford officially extend powertrain warranty on these to 100k? If not, I'll probably extend it to 100 or 125k miles.

This thing is gonna burn a hole in my wallet faster than my wife, ex-wife, and child support combined!

SCT BDX + custom tunes: check
S&B CAI: check

Bigger turbo adapters, catted StainlessWorks downpipe, Precision Turbo turbo upgrades, XDI injector pump & DeatschWorx intank pump, CPR manifolds, FMIC.... on deck check. This is gonna turn right into a Livernois shortblock, a revolving account at Tire Rack, a whole parts-store aisle of u-joints, and a six-figure attorney on retainer. I probably should stop at the S&B lol.

I'm going to do a UOA on DXG, I don't think any of the Redlines in xW-30 are low calcium, are they? DXG is not only PAO, but also meets d1G2 specs, which IMO is a decent combo. My only real concern on the 3.5 is the pesky internal water pump. Did Ford officially extend powertrain warranty on these to 100k? If not, I'll probably extend it to 100 or 125k miles.
Not blowing out oil ???

High calcium
Ain’t a problem
The high shear of Redline
You’ll love !!👍

The water pump is external on the longitudinal engine. For the transverse mounted engines, they are internal.

See how little I knew about the 3.5? :LOL: Never done any hard drugs, but from what my uncle told me, boost like this (21.9 psi on one datalog) must feel like snorting coke.

sounds like I’ll save that warranty money for u-joints since they probably aren’t rated for 3-ton full-boost holeshots!

I am curious to know, how do you think the truck would perform bone stock, without any mods?
Most of what I found was stock 2019 3.5s dyno between 320-350 at the wheels. Some of this may be due to the myriad rear gear ratios you can get. There are several “stock” 1/4 mile runs that fall around 14.4-14.6 so a 2 second drop would correspond to roughly a 200rwhp gain. I’ve been looking at buying a soloDL to validate 0-60 and 1/4 times. And remember, the only mod done in this video is a 5 Star Tuning “canned” E30 tune. Nothing else is changed yet.

Yeah that's with a full 36 gallon tank and my (ahem) 300lbs in it :) Got an S&B intake on the way as well, and may do a HP GDI pump on it since 5 star says truck is limited to E30 tunes stock. E50 tunes have netted 601HP with a CAI... time to find a stronger driveshaft!
I have one too, not only is it extremely quick for a big ole' truck, I also get pretty good mileage with it when I'm not boosting the double windmills! I have 28K on mine, with zero issues. It pulls a double axle trailer without breaking a sweat (does burn a bit of fuel but not too bad), mine is totally stock. It is cool to fill that 36 gal tank and have the display read 775 miles to empty! Enjoy!

I am curious to know, how do you think the truck would perform bone stock, without any mods?
I have a '17 3.5 w/10spd tranny.... IIRC 375hp/470tq.
They are quick.
In stock form...real quick to 60 mph...after that larger engine trucks start to make up ground.... you get out of your tq curve and into theirs.

Back