Bought a new F150 EB... tickets on the horizon!

Very dirty, but oh well. Won’t fit in the garage :LOL:
AE4E3BD0-E3E7-4106-8B0E-91BA7C65486C.jpeg
D32FDA30-4115-4290-A7B5-F23DA4A2D4A4.jpeg
F556BFE3-A9C9-46C0-93B2-04C900274C03.jpeg

I have a 2015 F150 screw 2 wheel drive with the 2.7 and a 2018 F350 4x4 x cab and the 6.2 gas engine with the dealer ordered packages which are really all that I need. I am an xl type of pickup owner. .

Previous owner likely installed the Raptor steering wheel. There are companies selling those and the wiring harness to the paddle shifters.

It was some special order engine that was a very limited build, and I remember him saying it was made in Mexico and he had to wait for it. And there were very few of them sold each year, like about a dozen or less. I think it had twin turbos. I do not remember the exact year but it probably was about 9 or 10 years ago that he got it. He never told me the displacement, and he never opened the hood for me to see it. So what he told me about it is all I know. I still remember him saying he could watch the gas gauge dropping when he floored it. He totaled it about a year after he got it. He spent 6 months in the hospital, and about a year or 2 years after he got out of the hospital he came down with 4 stage pancreatic cancer and passed away about a year after that. He died March of 2015. He was 65 when he passed away.

He bought it after he retired, and he went to all the Pittsburgh sporting events he could go to. Baseball, hockey, and football, he tried to not miss any games. He was coming home from a baseball game and rolled it by the West end bridge.

What Jeep was it? If it was a Grand Cherokee it could have been an SRT with the 6.1L. I can't recall any of them having turbos available on them.

Weird thing about the wheel is mine has the word “Raptor” cut into the silver painted part at the bottom of the wheel. Most online Raptor style wheels don’t have that. I’m betting someone bought it and installed it for whatever reason.

Anything's possible I guess, but that seems like an awful lot of cash to drop aftermarket when you only kept the truck for literally 11 months... Wheel is at least $600, plus any adapters. I'm still wondering if it's part of the pro trailer backup kit... anybody else have this option and/or this wheel on a non-Raptor?

What Jeep was it? If it was a Grand Cherokee it could have been an SRT with the 6.1L. I can't recall any of them having turbos available on them.
I am not into Jeeps, and do not care for them or pay attention to which ones they are. All I can tell you is that it was a big one. He use to take long trips to visit his siblings and there children with it. That is all I know about it.

I am not into Jeeps, and do not care for them or pay attention to which ones they are. All I can tell you is that it was a big one. He use to take long trips to visit his siblings and there children with it. That is all I know about it.

Would you recognize it if you saw a picture?

Anything's possible I guess, but that seems like an awful lot of cash to drop aftermarket when you only kept the truck for literally 11 months... Wheel is at least $600, plus any adapters. I'm still wondering if it's part of the pro trailer backup kit... anybody else have this option and/or this wheel on a non-Raptor?
The oem raptor wheel is 600, but I’ve seen aftermarket versions at 450. Ford has 3 versions of leather for the f150 wheels. Standard, limited and raptor. The standard is pleather and about 250. The limited is around 500. I installed a limited wheel, Ford oem, from the dealer and it was so distorted that it rubbed against the steering column.... that’s a 3/16” gap that they somehow overshot in the molding. After cutting down that rubber, I found the wheel itself was not “flat,” and was able to bend it out... about 1/4”. I like it now, but man that was bad. If I’d caught it before installing I’d have sent it back for another.

the mounting patterns for the wheels are the same, the airbag clips in the same. Once you figure out the length of screwdriver to detach the airbag clips, it’s a 10min swap.

Those aluminum F150 are fast. Its tempting to order one of those regular cab short bed 5.0 from one of those dealers who puts a supercharger on it for ya. I believe it was less than 50k and has some sort of warranty.
Don't get the 5.0. I had a 2018 (first year of the 2nd gen) and they all still have the off throttle rattle, and most including mine drank oil until Ford came out with a reflash about a year ago.

The 2.7 EB is the best F150 engine overall, 3.5 for towing. I got a Ram 1500 a few months ago and like it a lot more than the F150, especially the engine, interior, and price.

My 2018 has the 2.7. I really like this engine. It’s great on gas and tows better than anything else I’ve known. The truck has 33k on it now. I really like the truck. The down side:

1. dashboard-off HVAC repair at 30k miles. 2. Exhibiting 10spd shifting issues, partly addressed with a flash which IMO hurt the overall driveability. 3. Now showing a small leak, smells like it’s on the passenger side of the engine, can’t see it. Those turbos stay under boost, probably low boost but doing work nonetheless with a camper behind it I’d guess anytime over 45mph.

m

So, I was bored with my N/A Subarus, and the wife was complaining she didn't have anything to get mulch, and gravel, and yada yada to the house. So I got a 2019 F150 SuperCrew STX with the 3.5 EB, ordered from Carvana. Same day I ordered the truck, I ordered an SCT BDX tuner with an 87 octane perf/tow tune, and an E30 performance tune from 5 Star Tuning, since I live in Cornfield, USA, and E85 is plentiful and cheap ($1.44/gal on today's fillup). Here's a quick closed-course, "professionally" driven, 0-100 run so you guys can have some giggles. My hand stopwatch puts this mid-4s 0-60, and about 10 seconds 0-100. Enjoy!

Glad to see I'm not the only one bored with NA Subarus. LOL 👍

Glad to see I'm not the only one bored with NA Subarus. LOL 👍
Oh, I'm not getting rid of my NA Subarus. They're almost as cheap as a weedeater to own and maintain, if you're doing it right. If I didn't live in the rust belt, my Outback would literally get by on 1 Fram Ultra air filter and 3 Harvest King synthetic oil changes per year, with a $2 filter, for a grand total of somewhere around $56 in costs. 15k miles/yr @ ~2.30/gal @ 27.2mpg comes out to almost exactly $1325 per year operating costs plus $25 for plates. Not bad for something you can always trust to get you there.

This may end up jinxing me, but through 15 years and 5 different Subarus, other than the occasional dead battery, none have ever left me stranded. So sure, they're boring. But a great wife can also be boring, if you don't know what you've got :)

Last edited:
Oh, I'm not getting rid of my NA Subarus. They're almost as cheap as a weedeater to own and maintain, if you're doing it right. If I didn't live in the rust belt, my Outback would literally get by on 1 Fram Ultra air filter and 3 Harvest King synthetic oil changes per year, with a $2 filter, for a grand total of somewhere around $56 in costs. 15k miles/yr @ ~2.30/gal @ 27.2mpg comes out to almost exactly $1325 per year operating costs plus $25 for plates. Not bad for something you can always trust to get you there.

This may end up jinxing me, but through 15 years and 5 different Subarus, other than the occasional dead battery, none have ever left me stranded. So sure, they're boring. But a great wife can also be boring, if you don't know what you've got :)

You can have mine if ya want it...

Awesome. I'm not really a Ford fan but that thing is a beast. Looking forward to seeing some track times. Congrats!

I have trailer backup stuff. Dont have paddles. The only way to get paddles is Raptor or added to truck later. The HO ecoboost in the newer limiteds "may" have paddles, but I dont think so.

Im very confident your wheel was added to truck by previous owner or as an up sell by dealer. BTW top speed is 107 mph from factory. IDK if 5* raises speed limiter. I assume they do.

Back