Bought a New Camry XSE

donnyj,

Congratulations on the new ride. Nice color!

However, this IS BITOG!

What oil and OCIs are in that 2.5L’s future?

donnyj,

Congratulations on the new ride. Nice color!

However, this IS BITOG!

What oil and OCIs are in that 2.5L’s future?

It has 2 years of maintenance included dealer service using TGMO 0w16. That is at 10k miles and 20k miles.

I will likely change the factory fill out at 5k Miles with TGMO 0w16 so the first two oil changes are “shorter” intervals.

After the Toyota service is over I’m not sure yet. Likely a Pennzoil or Mobil 0w16 at 7.5k-10k intervals. Car will see 90% interstate miles.

Time will tell!

My dealer gave me three free OCIs on my prius, even though I have the same maintenance schedule. I waived the tire rotation.

That color was first choice for my wife's car, and I wouldn't have refused it on mine. Yet you stumbled into it over one of their five flavors of grey. Congrats!

It has 2 years of maintenance included dealer service using TGMO 0w16. That is at 10k miles and 20k miles.

I will likely change the factory fill out at 5k Miles with TGMO 0w16 so the first two oil changes are “shorter” intervals.

After the Toyota service is over I’m not sure yet. Likely a Pennzoil or Mobil 0w16 at 7.5k-10k intervals. Car will see 90% interstate miles.

Time will tell!
Absolutely fantastic color.

Since your new car will see 90% interstate miles, you made the right choice going with the ICE-only version. The 2.5-L/8-spd auto combination gets ridiculously good fuel economy (definitely greater than EPA ratings would suggest) under high-speed, steady-state driving conditions. In my opinion, the hybrid only makes sense on an urban duty cycle with lots of low-speed, stop-and-go driving.

I bought a 2020 Camry Le Hybrid may 2020. It was the start of the Covid and no one was in the showroom. Salesmen pulled a car off the lot and gave me the keys an said take it for a ride and come back when you want. At that time there was at least 30 Camrys in the lot with 10 hybrids. The car runs great and in the warmer weather gets low 50 miles per gallon, winter average 48. Got a great lease for three years and my buy out is 16,100. I see cars with about the same mileage selling for 25,000. The dealer now has about 3 camrys on the lot and wants any were from 3000 to 5000 over MSRP.

Looks good.... Honda or a Toyota you cant go wrong...Good luck with your new Camry.....

Back