Bought a New Camry XSE

This last week we decided to “pull the trigger” on a new car. With our Tucson in the shop getting the head rebuilt we decided to add another vehicle. We shopped new Civic, Accord, and Camry. Initially we were shopping lightly used, but the price difference between new and used was virtually nothing.

We went with a 2023 Camry XSE in Reservoir blue.

I’ve never been a “Toyota” guy but the new Camry drives very well and is very quiet inside. The engine is more audible than the civic or Accord mills. The exhaust note is also louder outside of the cabin.

Inside it’s fairly quiet and seems well built given a price point in the low 30s

Attachments

• 838129B6-2704-43B0-A226-EBC345C82B3F.jpeg
    838129B6-2704-43B0-A226-EBC345C82B3F.jpeg
    249.3 KB · Views: 191
  • AE42AEB7-6E07-4344-ACB5-F6918339529E.jpeg
    AE42AEB7-6E07-4344-ACB5-F6918339529E.jpeg
    228.9 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
That is a beautiful combo. My wife loves the black wheels. I like you would have preferred the Bronze wheels. Both, however are much nicer than the standard offerings

The pic was pulled from the internet, but Tansky Sawmill Toyota in Columbus had the same blue nightshade Camry last weekend and my wife almost traded her Corolla Hybrid in on it.

It is the 4cyl Version. It will be mostly a commuter car. I couldn’t justify spending a few k more for less mpg.
Feel the same way but the hybrid is worth spending the extra on if you plan on owning it beyond break even point so a hybrid is going to be my next purchase. I'm waiting on the corolla cross hybrid. the redesigned corolla and its hybrid version and the next gen Prius to decide on and pick. Driving 100k with 33mpg avg with an avg gal cost of $3 is about $9,100. At an avg mpg of 45 that goes down to about $6,670. And the ECVT is known to be more reliable and cheaper to maintain than the 8spd or regular cvt.

I absolutely love that color. I haven’t been a fan of this body style Camry but man this color makes it look so good. As long as I don’t have to work on it lol 😂. I don’t like working on Toyota’s we own two of them both Camry’s one a 2004 and a 2017. Both great. So far the only thing done to the 2017 is tires besides the faulty serpentine belt from the factory that they refused to replace under warranty which upset us. And it needs a battery but that’s expected at 5 years old. Is this an AWD or FWD? Based on price I’d assume FWD. Man I might just have to add this to the want list cause I want a new car but promised I’d never buy a Toyota since their warranty support isn’t great. I am a Subaru/Toyota tech and I really want a Subaru at the same time want an Accord but now I want this in this color provided it has a real key and no CVT lol and prefer a spin on oil filter instead of cartridge which I’m sure it has as they appear to have gone back to those.

I absolutely love that color. I haven’t been a fan of this body style Camry but man this color makes it look so good. As long as I don’t have to work on it lol 😂. I don’t like working on Toyota’s we own two of them both Camry’s one a 2004 and a 2017. Both great. So far the only thing done to the 2017 is tires besides the faulty serpentine belt from the factory that they refused to replace under warranty which upset us. And it needs a battery but that’s expected at 5 years old. Is this an AWD or FWD? Based on price I’d assume FWD. Man I might just have to add this to the want list cause I want a new car but promised I’d never buy a Toyota since their warranty support isn’t great. I am a Subaru/Toyota tech and I really want a Subaru at the same time want an Accord but now I want this in this color provided it has a real key and no CVT lol and prefer a spin on oil filter instead of cartridge which I’m sure it has as they appear to have gone back to those.
It is the FWD version. It has the 2.5L 4cyl with the 8spd automatic trans.

It’s definitely a great looking color!

I’ve never been a “Toyota” guy but the new Camry drives very well and is very quiet inside. The engine is more audible than the civic or Accord mills. The exhaust note is also louder outside of the cabin.
Inside it’s fairly quiet and seems well built given a price point in the low 30s
Last year we rented one with a similar mechanical setup.
I agree with everything you stated regarding noise outside the vehicle.

The two biggest things we loved were:
1) fuel economy- on one particular tank of fuel, we made it all the way to 900kms on a tank with 1/4 left until empty (I kid you not!). The only reason we stopped to fill, was for the cheaper fuel. I have no doubts that it could have easily went over 1100kms before needing fuel. I recall stating to my GF "with fuel economy like that, who needs a diesel/ hybrid?!"
2) comfort- with the front seats slightly reclined, the car was a dream to drive and as a front seat passenger. Not only were we not sore after several consecutive hours of driving, but we also weren't tired.

With cars like this being offered, I hope Toyota (and other manufacturers) never stop making cars like this in the mid/full size car segment.

Back