bought a demo Mitsubishi PHEV and now I’m stuck with a lemon (warranty denial)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My prius battery has a bunch of "modules" full of cells that are arranged inside a metal box with spacers and ventilation channels. If yours was designed with any intelligence at all, there would be hefty ruggedization underneath so a decent size dent would still have negligible effect.

Can you get into the computer of this and see individual cell electrical characteristics? Being a new vehicle they should all be very similar, and well within factory spec.

In America
34.gif
if your car gets hit the other party's insurance company puts you in a rental for up to a month. Then while you drive this car on their dime you get to argue with them over how much your old wreck was really worth.
lol.gif

Like the guy who tried to get rid of a banjo by leaving it in the back seat of his car parked in a bad neighborhood with the windows rolled down. When he came back there were three more banjos in the car.

'01 Galant here (grandma's cream puff).
13 years trouble free operation (159k+)
Brakes, struts, fluids, the normal stuff....
Can't get rid of it. It just keeps starting.
Makes the 10+ mile commute boring...

Originally Posted by eljefino
My prius battery has a bunch of "modules" full of cells that are arranged inside a metal box with spacers and ventilation channels. If yours was designed with any intelligence at all, there would be hefty ruggedization underneath so a decent size dent would still have negligible effect.

Can you get into the computer of this and see individual cell electrical characteristics? Being a new vehicle they should all be very similar, and well within factory spec.

In America
34.gif
if your car gets hit the other party's insurance company puts you in a rental for up to a month. Then while you drive this car on their dime you get to argue with them over how much your old wreck was really worth.
lol.gif

eljefino: "Look, it's not like I bought this car for under $500 or anything like that."

lol this topic turned to humor (I just woke up, saturday 9AM here).

I would have read the DTCs before dropping the car at the dealership each time, but I had no working OBDII adapter on hand at those very moments
frown.gif

And now the car is left parked at the dealership and I think I'd better let it be than getting it back unfixed and driving it while waiting for legal things to chime in, the dealer could claim I'll try to make up things.

Originally Posted by Superflan
Those scratches just removed coating, there's no actual dent in the metal. Only the patched scratch that I didn't do seems to actually have a dent or a hole.

They did not inspect the inside of the battery. It will be surely done at the first independent technical assessment that will be ordered by my insurance company.

For the rental car thing, actually there's no such law that allows this that way. It's only if it goes to court and the vendor loses that he will be obliged to refund you the rental money you have spent (keep the bills).

This is very common with Euro companies and it takes a good lawyer and court to force them to do something, my advice would be to get a lawyer asap.
Do you have legal insurance? I always did and it was worth it, they don't take a penny of your settlement. They get their money from the other party, if so you have it made. Get the best lawyer you can find for this type of case and hammer the friggin daylights out of Mitsubishi in court, make sure it gets in the paper also.

I recall you saying it was a lease. I have to wonder if the lease company can offer you some protection? Part of any lease agreement is a viable vehicle upon delivery. Which this clearly was not.

It may be worth your while to use a good lawyer.

I can't advise you on failure to pay a lease, but I'd be hesitant to continue payment on something that failed the first day, and spent so much time in the shop.

Additionally, some lease companies have trade-up programs. I wonder if that would be an option?

No protection from the financing company. Terms are what they are, we are forced to pay until the term (or pay in full and get out but there's penalties).

Assessment will be done on November 29th, I'm invited.

We're looking at some used light-off-road cars in the €5000, like a Land Rover Freelander TD4, or a bunch of petrol V6 Hyundai/Kias. For those who wonder what's like craigslist in my area, here's a glimpse : Leboncoinleboncoin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back