Mitsubishi Outlander Sport - P1740 code

Car: 2017 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport with the 2.4liter engine.
Problem: Scanned code is P1740.
Transmission service at 45k mile -The fluid drained and refilled along with 2 filters replacement.
New battery: 1 day before this happened.

The problem occurred at 59k mile. I was driving at 35mph and a warning light popped up with the message "Transmission Service Require." I thought it was just a maintenance schedule light since the car drove fine and at 59k mile, so I kept driving since I was 2 mile away from home. The car behaved completely fine and nothing is abnormal. Then, after I went home and restarted the car the warning message disappeared.

The next day, I went to autozone to do a scan and P1740 is what was logged. I asked them to clean the terminals. Then, I scheduled an appointment at the dealer. The dealer did a 3 hour diagnosis but they found nothing wrong with the transmission. They did suggest me a Transmission service and a recommended valve body replacement since they suspected the fluid + maybe some solenoid(s) are in bad shape. I told them that I had my transmission serviced at their place at 45k mile. Then, they cleared the code and told me to keep driving the car since they can't find anything wrong with it. They did suggest that if it happens again, a valve body replacement is highly recommended.
What should I do at this point? Thanks!

P/S: Since then, I have driven about 1k mile and the car behaves fine. The car had 250 mile round trips with 65-75mph on average and it was pushing strong. No power loss.

Ah, good ole mitsu dealerships are by far the worst you'll come across.

Back