Bottle of Lubegard Red in my '03 Passat W8 auto

We had a 2007 Saab 95 TID which had a Aisin Warner AW55-50 that had a few weird changes, delayed shifts and the occasional random flare.

I did a load of drain & fills and the last fill I added a bottle of Lubegaurd Red. It took ~500miles or so but the gearbox ended up running perfectly.

If I had an auto in the fleet right now, I'd be running the Lubegaurd Red permanently.
I need to wait it out for a few '00 miles before I make any comments...LB says it can take 150 mile or more I believe to feel any improvement.

Approaching ~150 miles after adding a bottle of the LG red. Seems to be chugging along just fine. Actually did some logging yesterday of the auto trans and based on a convo with some experts in the W8 world, it seems this "hiccup" I call it is just the torque converter lock/clutch engaging which drops the RPMs a bit - the logs shows it clearly...it just happens slower than I would expect....clutch partially engaged....clutch engaged. To me it should be smoother but the activity seems to be "normal" with no faults/errors etc. Runs/shifts well. I will just do another drain and fill (and filter) with the ZF kit from FCP Euro this winter for good measure and I'll add a bottle of LG red again.

Approaching ~150 miles after adding a bottle of the LG red. Seems to be chugging along just fine. Actually did some logging yesterday of the auto trans and based on a convo with some experts in the W8 world, it seems this "hiccup" I call it is just the torque converter lock/clutch engaging which drops the RPMs a bit - the logs shows it clearly...it just happens slower than I would expect....clutch partially engaged....clutch engaged. To me it should be smoother but the activity seems to be "normal" with no faults/errors etc. Runs/shifts well. I will just do another drain and fill (and filter) with the ZF kit from FCP Euro this winter for good measure and I'll add a bottle of LG red again.
So would you say you experience with LG is positive?

So would you say you experience with LG is positive?
Sure - For $10 or whatever from Amazon it didn't blow my car up and seems to have had some positive impact.

Back