BMW 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Trav
Over the years I have got a few big newer BMW's for relatively short money because they were problem riddled and at that time out of their one year (Euro) warranty.
I got an 850 with low km because it was in the shop more than it drove for a skip shift fault with the manual transmission

I didn't know BMW used that skip shift too
shocked2.gif

Is that like the same thing the Tremec T-56 has? Where it goes from first to 4th at low speeds?

I've stayed with the 3 Series mostly, although I've had an X3 and a couple of 5ers- plus one M6. The four and six cylinders are usually pretty reliable- although the N54 had its share of issues.

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
Originally Posted by Trav
Over the years I have got a few big newer BMW's for relatively short money because they were problem riddled and at that time out of their one year (Euro) warranty.
I got an 850 with low km because it was in the shop more than it drove for a skip shift fault with the manual transmission

I didn't know BMW used that skip shift too
shocked2.gif

Is that like the same thing the Tremec T-56 has? Where it goes from first to 4th at low speeds?

Yes. That had to be around 1997, it had a 6 speed with skip shift, this particular one liked neutral more than any other gear except 1st.

Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
Originally Posted by Cardiobuck
This is what scares me about the German brands. Great to drive but when they go bad they go so very, very bad. Entirely unacceptable in the worse case examples. Fingers crossed that I have a good one?!

In all my years of ownership it's usually a tale of extremes. Either very reliable or problem ridden.

That's been my experience with the German cars we have owned. One extreme or the other. They've always driven very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back