Black is the silliest car color - prove me wrong

I always liked these in black….
1679762845172.jpeg

My first car was black, loved that car and wish I still had it but I digress…. That was also a point in time that I had the time and energy to maintain a black vehicle. I swore them off after that. Then bought a black Caliber a few years later…. But you want to disappear when driving one.

My 300 looked great in white, and it made the 20% window tint look WAY darker than it actually was. Loved the contrast of the blacked out stuff against the white body. Blacked out wheels though? Absolutely frickin’ not, I hate them with a passion. Both my cars had gunmetal and that was borderline too dark.
2800073A-DD5A-4826-AA60-23D26629C577.jpeg

94056585-160F-4438-8899-02DEAED6B821.jpeg

Never have owned a black vehicle a couple whites though. The old F150 and current Escape is pretty dark blue almost purple in the light and even those are warmer in the summer. I just want manufactures to offer more pastel colors or at least close to it. I like yellow, orange and light blue... hard to find!

Do colors evoke emotions? I dunno how it happened but we had 3 pearl white cars, seriously, a coincidence, but that seems pretty silly too :ROFLMAO:

I have set my egg timer waiting for the left to pronounce that anyone who owns a white car is a racist. 🙄
Why I think it's silly is not so much the white color, but the pearl on top of that. A touch up needs minimum of two different paints sometimes 3.....my other car is a gray metallic which I love, but feel it's somehow too common...so that's why I don't know if colors mean much...sometimes on a used car it means nothing, and on a new car it happened to be what appealed at the time....

My first car was black, loved that car and wish I still had it but I digress…. That was also a point in time that I had the time and energy to maintain a black vehicle. I swore them off after that. Then bought a black Caliber a few years later…. But you want to disappear when driving one.

My 300 looked great in white, and it made the 20% window tint look WAY darker than it actually was. Loved the contrast of the blacked out stuff against the white body. Blacked out wheels though? Absolutely frickin’ not, I hate them with a passion. Both my cars had gunmetal and that was borderline too dark.View attachment 146724
View attachment 146723

I'm with you! Despise black wheels, gunmetal is okay.

The Vermont sky reflecting off a black CorvetteView attachment 146731
This picture makes my point. Awesome car, but even in the picture, I can see road grime on the rocker panel and rear quarter panel. Stands right out. If the car were silver, that same amount of road grime would not stand out near as much. I suspect, even other colors would not make the road grime stand out. But a black car shows every trace of dirt.

I passed up a used Lexus GS in excellent condition largely because it was black (though also not especially fuel efficient, and required premium).

My neighbour has a Lexus LC in perfect condition that he would like to sell. Would make a perfect long distance road car (for a Tesla Model 3 family). But it's black. Aargh. Why did it have to be black!

Many cars look terrific in black. When they're clean and polished that is. Which at this location would be almost never.

I have only owned one black car, a 2000 Hyundai Elantra. I’ll never own another. You could see every swirl mark on it unless I spent all day detailing it and I didn’t have time for that. My friend had a black Mitsubishi Eclipse and same thing. It looked sharp when it was freshly detailed but that’s about it.

Most of my cars have been White, silver, red, or the teal green Nissan 200SX SE-R. I’ve owned 3 silver cars in a row now including my Soul but I like some gray and blue cars too, but I think I’ll stick with silver.

Back