BILLBOARD : 100 Greatest Car Songs Of All Time ...

Very cool. Obviously, everyone's lists will be different. I didn't take the list as "this was better than that" approach. I did more in sections of 10's. I liked reading some of the commentary about the songs. Some pretty interesting takes on them.

haven't seen the list, but 'Hot Rod Lincoln' better be on top.
first time I heard it I was transfixed, like hearing AC/DC's ''74 Jailbreak' for the first time. nail biter.

I guess Johnny Cash's 'One Piece At A Time' merits #2 slot.

Maybellene is missing from the list. What kind of list about car songs leaves off Maybellene. Crosstown Traffic should be on the list, too.

Always loved 'Stayin Alive while driving. Born to Run #1 I totally agree with. I think Driver's Seat and Highway Star could be ranked somewhat better.

I guess I’m getting old as I don’t recognize a lot of those songs and artists.

Who ranks Kraftwerk’s Autobahn ahead of Highway Star and Dead Mans Curve? The nincompoops making this list didn’t even include Hot Rod Lincoln. That in of itself renders the whole thing a waste.

A lot off the songs are not based on a car or solely about a car. Most of the list I don't consider "car songs". To me, a car song has to be entirely about a car, and not just mentioning one time "I rode in a car" or something.

Bob Seger : Night Moves : [ out in the corn fields where the woods got heavy, out in the back seat of my 60 Chevy ] ! :p

That's just sad. No "Born to Be Wild"? Maybe "Road to Nowhere". I guess finding one for the Beach Boys was tough but "Little Deuce Coupe" would been my choice over "Fun Fun Fun". And what about Jan & Dean with "Little Old Lady from Pasadena"?

Terraplane Blues. Nice. Clash and Brand New Cadillac belongs on the list. Radar Love definitely a top five.
I agree with y_p_w. I'd love a brand new, shiny red Super Stock Dodge.
All the car guys laughed at Springsteen putting fuelie heads on his 396. He either chose the wrong place to use poetic license, or he's a poser.

I'm with "little Deuce Coupe" . We just had visit in our town of "The Great Race". We saw some awesome cars. Check it out on YouTube.

Little Deuce Coupe-Beach Boys
409-Beach Boys
Ballad of ol Betsy-Beach Boys
Hey Little Cobra-Rip Chords
Three Window Coupe-Rip Chords

A few of my fave car songs.

Back