bill in 18 states to remove your ammo

Status
Not open for further replies.
1sttruck-

I can see that you feel very strongly about others owning guns.
I don't think you would be a hypocrite and have one in your home.

Would you be willing to post a sign in your yard announcing "This is a Gun-Free house"?

This whole coded ammunition idea is a bunch of B ESS!!! I live in MD, and we have this wonderful "spent casing" program that has costed millions of dollars over a few years. A spent casing is shipped with the firearm (hand guns) from the factory. At the sale of such firearm, the casing is sent to a State Police Repository. If the firearm is used in a crime, and a case is left at the scene and they have a casing on file, this could theoretically track the firearm.

Guess what??? Not a SINGLE case has been closed using this money wasting idea. How in the H#$% is encoded ammo gonna help? Simple, its NOT!!! Again, this is a Grabbers way of taking our rights away.

When a thug shoots someone during a robbery put him/her in JAIL!! Too many laws exist as it is, we just need to properly enforce what we have. This is going to be a struggle for the many law abiding gun owners.

BTW, if this encoded ammo [censored] flies, they better have one major buy-back program as I am an avid hand loader. If the FEDS can subsidize farmers to not grow tobacco, they can pay me not to reload!!!!!

Originally Posted By: fixit301
I live in MD

I feel for ya, man. I lived there for 37 years before coming to Texas. I remember when they started the shell casing deal - we couldn't get hardly any handguns until the manufacturers were geared up to meet the standard. I think it took an extra 2 months to get my Kimber due to it.

You are so right - no cases have been solved by this case stamping [censored]. Plus, all you gotta do is change out a few parts and *bang* you're gun is hitting the cases differently than reported when new.

Last edited:
hey fixit301, where about in MD do you live. i live just south of BWI airport.

Ah, Great to be in Maryland. The state that never saw a tax it did not love, or a gun it did not hate.

Quote:
In fact I've not made any statement about my position on gun control as these types of discussions are interesting for me and I take different positions depending upon the topic.

So in other words, you are trolling.
smirk2.gif

And indeed, your post has no point or conclusion to it, and completely ignores the criminal problem which is the root.

Quote:
Nevertheless, violent crime is at an “historic low,” according to the Department of Justice.* Since 1991, total violent crime is down 38%, murder is down 42%, rape is down 27%, robbery is down 45%, and aggravated assault is down 34%. During 2004-2006, violent crime was lower than anytime since 1974. For the last eight years, the murder rate has been lower than anytime since 1965. Preliminary data from the FBI indicate that violent crime declined again in 2007.

California, the state that Brady gave its highest score (79), has total violent crime and murder rates 14% and 23% higher than the rest of the country, respectively. Brady didn’t score D.C., which has even more gun control and higher crime rates than California.

· Of the 38 states Brady gave 20 or fewer points, most have total violent crime, murder and robbery rates that are below the national rates.

· States that have total violent crime, murder and robbery rates that are below the national rates got an average of 19, 19 and 14 Brady points, respectively.

· The 10 states with the lowest total violent crime, murder and robbery rates got an average of 12, 12 and 9 Brady points, respectively.

http://www.nraila.org/Issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?id=228&issue=011
Notice how they don't rank DC which has the highest amounts of crime and some of the strictest gun control in the nation. Too funny.
Quote:
In March 1982, 25 years ago, the small town of Kennesaw – responding to a handgun ban in Morton Grove, Ill. – unanimously passed an ordinance requiring each head of household to own and maintain a gun. Since then, despite dire predictions of "Wild West" showdowns and increased violence and accidents, not a single resident has been involved in a fatal shooting – as a victim, attacker or defender.

The crime rate initially plummeted for several years after the passage of the ordinance, with the 2005 per capita crime rate actually significantly lower than it was in 1981, the year before passage of the law.

Prior to enactment of the law, Kennesaw had a population of just 5,242 but a crime rate significantly higher (4,332 per 100,000) than the national average (3,899 per 100,000). The latest statistics available – for the year 2005 – show the rate at 2,027 per 100,000. Meanwhile, the population has skyrocketed to 28,189.

By comparison, the population of Morton Grove, the first city in Illinois to adopt a gun ban for anyone other than police officers, has actually dropped slightly and stands at 22,202, according to 2005 statistics. More significantly, perhaps, the city's crime rate increased by 15.7 percent immediately after the gun ban, even though the overall crime rate in Cook County rose only 3 percent. Today, by comparison, the township's crime rate stands at 2,268 per 100,000.

This was not what some predicted.

In a column titled "Gun Town USA," Art Buchwald suggested Kennesaw would soon become a place where routine disagreements between neighbors would be settled in shootouts. The Washington Post mocked Kennesaw as "the brave little city … soon to be pistol-packing capital of the world." Phil Donahue invited the mayor on his show.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=55288

Gun control makes things worse, not better.

Tempest,

Re: your comment about DC; what effect do you think the recent US Supreme Court decision to allow DC residents to own and keep handguns in their homes for protection, will have on the violent crime rate there? It will likely be a couple of years before we see any updated crime statistics for 2008, but my money will be on crime rates dropping at least a little.

IF people are allowed to be armed and defend themselves, crime WILL go down. That they will allowed to be is still very iffy given that the DC government is still baulking at the idea. Heller was denied a permit AFTER the Heller case was decided by the Court.
http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=74036&catid=158
The DC ban did NOTHING to lower crime in the area.
If gun control worked, then DC would be the safest city in the country. It is not.

I keep my NRA sticker on my front screen door and I haven't had the house burglarized yet.
grin2.gif

I figure it's more effective than the security system sticker it covers.

That's great if you are home, but if not, it just tells the bad guys "guns here". I try to keep as nondescript as possible about gun on the property.

Originally Posted By: Tempest
That's great if you are home, but if not, it just tells the bad guys "guns here". I try to keep as nondescript as possible about gun on the property.

After a break-in I'll give that a hearty AMEN!!

Ya don't reckin the 100 yard bench, and permanent clay bird thrower in the side yard would give anything away do ya??

Bob

Last edited:
If You have a liberal gun hating neighbor, posting a sign in your yard may make him sleep well.
Mine reads: "MY NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR WANTS TO BAN ALL GUNS! THEIR HOUSE IS NOT ARMED. TO RESPECT THEIR OPINION, I PROMISE NOT TO USE MY GUN TO HELP PROTECT THEM."

"And indeed, your post has no point or conclusion to it, and completely ignores the criminal problem which is the root."

The homicide rate is being driven by criminals with fireams, and as long as gun owners keep demanding the right to unintentionally arm them more laws will get passed. This is the problem which is the root, impacting gun owners as well as victims.

Quote:
as long as gun owners keep demanding the right to unintentionally arm them more laws will get passed.

Alternative? If we give up our rights (under the auspices of preventing criminals from getting guns), then laws will get passed. If criminals continue to commit crimes, laws will get passed.

Is that what you are saying? WHAT is your point??

The point is some people want to be responsible for their personal safety and some people want the government to responsible for their personal safety.

The government does very few thing well.

Originally Posted By: greenaccord02
I still go for the "No Guns In This Home" sign in the front yard.

Funny how with all the anti's around you don't see more of those signs
21.gif

Originally Posted By: greenaccord02
There are posts missing from this thread.

Yes there are! Plus I got banned for 2 days for bypassing the censor filter on a 2 letter abbreviation.

"If criminals continue to commit crimes, laws will get passed.

Is that what you are saying? WHAT is your point??"

Only about 40% of households have firearms, so the other 60% will get tired of the 40% arming people who misuse firearms, intentionally doing so or not. It's a circular argment of 'I demand the right to buy and sell guns as I see fit, uh oh lots of bad guys ended up with guns, we need more guns to protect us from bad guys so I demand the right to buy and sell guns as I see fit.....'

No laws would have been pased if firearms hadn't been misused, so do something to keep firearms out of the hands of criminals and more laws won't get passed. Offer to trade lots of ineffective laws for a few effective ones, fund bounties for people selling guns to criminals, etc.

"Only about 40% of households have firearms"

The other 60% benefit from this. The criminals do not know which house is armed and which house is un-armed.

Even a retarded criminal/predator would prefer not to be shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back