NM Milsurps FUN Christmas shoot Dec 23rd Albuquerque

New Mexico Milsurps is holding a FUN Christmas shoot at Albuquerque Shooting range park 8:30 Dec 23rd. Our range is the “metallic silhouette” range past the office buildings etc. Rifles must be UN altered military issue of any era. Iron and Scoped rifles will be scored as separate classes. Targets are 9 silhouette Steel Rams (Evil Reindeer) and 1 “EVIL SANTA” (full size torso metal silhouette). Range is 500 meters shot from prone supported or bench if prone is medically impossible/uncomfortable) Match is 20 rounds.
Course of fire: The 9 Rams (Evil Reindeer) with be shot in order from back to front shooting Evil Rudolph last. Any remaining rounds will be shot at Evil Santa. If a shot knocks off Santa’s hat it counts as 2 hits. Reindeer MUST fall to count as a hit. Bring enough gun. Fallen Evil reindeer and hits on Evil Santa + the hat bonus if achieved will be your score. Bring extra rounds if a shoot off is need.
All shooters will receive a free box of Christmas ammo for Christmas . Everyone needs free ammo and a break from family Christmas togetherness!
Pic is Evil Santa before we paint & dress him. Also an Evil Reindeer is pictured. Range fee is $5 and there may be a $10 match fee but this may be waived if we like ya. It’s Christmas for gosh sake!

6CF3AFC7-D7B1-4876-ACA0-F5CDCA5EEEBC.jpeg
100B90DA-AD3B-4F48-9520-B84D8E6C351D.jpeg

That’s pretty cool. I went through a Milsurp phase but sold ‘em all. Wouldn’t mind getting my hands on a nice 03A3, M1 Garand and M1 Carbine though. Inland preferably. Maybe when the gun fund is burning a hole in my pocket I will.

Cool. Would a British Lee Enfield 303 qualify?
Sure: I regularly use a Lithgow #1 Mk 3, a #4 Long Branch and A Savage #4T Sniper. The guns to beat at long Range are Swedish 6.5x55 Mausers, Swiss 7.5x55 Smitt Rubins and 1908 Brazilian 7x57 Mausers. All great accurate long range rifles.

That’s pretty cool. I went through a Milsurp phase but sold ‘em all. Wouldn’t mind getting my hands on a nice 03A3, M1 Garand and M1 Carbine though. Inland preferably. Maybe when the gun fund is burning a hole in my pocket I will.
Those are the only rifles I own. Garand , 03, and an M1 carbine. I haven't shot then for close to 20 years , but on occasion take them out of the safe and fondle them.

Those are the only rifles I own. Garand , 03, and an M1 carbine. I haven't shot then for close to 20 years , but on occasion take them out of the safe and fondle them.

The action on the 03 is just like butter. One of my favs to cycle. Buddy used to have an M2 that was super slick too. Ticked me off when he sold it and didn't tell me.

The action on the 03 is just like butter. One of my favs to cycle. Buddy used to have an M2 that was super slick too. Ticked me off when he sold it and didn't tell me.
My 1903 has a pretty smooth bolt. Not any smoother than any of the Mausers, but pretty smooth.

However, the smoothest by a longshot is my 1896 Krag Jorgensen.

We had our shoot in rain, fog and 10 mph, 40 degree winds.
Did I say Fun match?
Only one shooter downed all 9 ”evil reindeer” and got two hits on “Bad Santa”.
Score of 11 was the best of the lousy day. Class: iron sights. Rifle: M39 Finn Mosin Nagant

Scope class high score was 8 hits Rifle: HK 91 Hensholt 4x scope.

B67ADE2C-B310-435B-97D2-5E6D6804863B.jpeg

Back