Best windshield wipers?

Car Care Guy was saying Toyota (in a plastic bag) wipers are great, not the ones that come in fancy box.
I may try those when time comes. It's always a combination of factors - how quiet they are, how well they clean in heavy rain, during and after pollen season, snow, how long they last total and how long they retain their qualities. To me, all in all Bosch Icon blades worked very well, I tried great number of makes and models while never tried silicon ones yet.

Well car nerds as we all are.... I've been looking into the PIAA silicone.

I've been left confused as to which line is the 'good' 'better' 'more betterer' 'best' 'beterster'. Si-tech?

In all of my experience the beam style wipers seem to work the best, especially in the winter.

Used to default to Valeo after trying stupid expensive blades (looking at you Bosch Icon) that performed the same or worse. Recently I replaced the blades on both the 2019 4Runner and 2019 Ram 1500 with Valeo. The ones on the Ram are still going strong, the ones on the 2019 4Runner were replaced a week later after one just flew smooth off during the first rain. Replaced with a Wally World special.

I will say that the whipped tree design is better than the new beam type. Will likely stay with whatever store I happen upon conventional style for both vehicles when the time comes up again.

I have 3 year old PIAA silicone wipers on two of my cars, and they are outstanding. The downside is they are soft and don’t work well on ice or frost.

I've used a lot of different brands and none of them last more than about 6-8 months before the wife starts complaining . There's no point in spending $30 for a blade when a $19 blade will give you the same performance and lifespan . On my truck it's usually whatever the auto parts house has in stock in my size . Again , price doesn't seem to determine overall quality .

That's cheaper than Costco's Crapshelin that last 2 weeks at most before getting chatty and streaky... :ROFLMAO:

Those are so bad! I tried them on my Civic a while back and they were so streaky! I thought maybe I just got a bad set so the next time Costco had a sale I gave them a second chance. But they were just as bad. I now have Goodyear wipers on there and they work great. Canadian Tire used to sell a good wiper under their own house brand and I used those on many cars with great results. But they don’t sell those ones anymore 😥

Been using Aero beam blades from Amazon on all our cars last few years. They are not "the best" but they are very good and really inexpensive because they came with a spare set of refills so you essentially get 2 sets for the cost of one. Look at the factory web page for instructions on how to replace the blade when that time comes. Otherwise you turn something very easy into a project.

Factory wipers are best IMHO. Also, thoroughly clean the windshield ad coat it with Griot's glass sealer. Great stuff.

Been doing Amazon generics on both vehicles lately. Much better than some years back. We’ve gone through all the name brands- some costing real money. Thing is we found no added value. Streaked and/or didn’t last any longer.

I’m in the cheapy decent change frequently in this category

A little known fact.

Discount Tire will match prices with RockAuto when it comes to their windshield wipers. You just have to include (or approximate) the delivery cost.

I recently got three wipers for $13.50 that they installed on the spot. DT uses Trico.

The easiest thing to do is combine their free tire rotations with new wipers. I used to stockpile wipers because I would find super-cheap clearance prices locally. These days all the prices are ridiculous except for RockAuto.

Back