Best wax found at the local auto parts store

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm selling my car and would like to know what is the best "subjective" wax/polish I can get with out having to order it online.

Meguire's NxT 2.0 is quite good...
thumbsup2.gif

I would recommend Meguiars NXT generation tech wax 2.0. It gives a very good deep shine. I had used Turtle wax for years, but the meguiars is far superior!

Best looking? If I'm selling a car, I want the easiest to use and don't care about how long it lasts or really how deep the shine is. FX SynWax is the easiest I've used, you could probably do a midsize sedan in under 10 minutes.

Collinite is great if you want long lasting, but I wouldn't go through the rather difficult buffing phase with that for something I'm selling.

Since you are selling it, you don't care about durability. Thus, NXT 2.0 will work fine for you. It's easy on -- easy off, but will stain trim. It's somewhat pricey for it's performance. In order to answer your question, more info would help:

What condition is the paint in? Swirls/scratches? Faded? Near perfect? Color?

Anything you grab off the shelf will probably make it look better.

If you have a Big Lots, try 3M Performance Finish for $3. If you want to go all out, try AutoGlym Wax from Walmart for $35.

I can't believe all the Mequiar's recommendations. Their polishes are good (Ultimate Compound, Scratch-X, etc), but their finishing products suck. Duragloss kicks the snot out of anything Meguiar's makes in that department.

^ what grampi said. DG is a little more difficult to find locally, but #101 would be perfect. $10, excellent clean, protect & shine. I didn't really "recommend" NXT. I simply stated it would be OK since he's selling the car :). If it's swirled, try some glaze (with fillers), and then top it with a wax/sealant.

The car is a silver 2003 hyundai elantra. The car has never been in a garage so the paint is somewhat faded.

Originally Posted By: grampi
I can't believe all the Mequiar's recommendations. Their polishes are good (Ultimate Compound, Scratch-X, etc), but their finishing products suck. Duragloss kicks the snot out of anything Meguiar's makes in that department.

I just discovered Duragloss at a local non-chain auto parts store a little over a year ago and have been highly impressed with it compared to the other OTC detailing products. Even their car wash soap is better than the others.

Originally Posted By: rick9009
The car is a silver 2003 hyundai elantra. The car has never been in a garage so the paint is somewhat faded.

I'd claybar it first then. Wax it with whatever is cheap and easy to remove.

I would highly recommend anyone to compare any DG product with any Meguiar's product and I think you'll find the DG is superior in every aspect.

Originally Posted By: kkreit01
^ what grampi said. DG is a little more difficult to find locally, but #101 would be perfect. $10, excellent clean, protect & shine. I didn't really "recommend" NXT. I simply stated it would be OK since he's selling the car :). If it's swirled, try some glaze (with fillers), and then top it with a wax/sealant.

I've never not been able to find DG products at NAPA stores.

I think the Meguiar's cleaner wax is one of the easiest waxes to wipe off. It gives a good shine but only lasts 2 or 3 months.

I would highly recommend anyone to compare any DG product with any Meguiar's product and I think you'll find the DG is superior in every aspect.

I am fan of both but DG has no real paint correction product such as Meguairs Ultra Compound or SwirlX, let alone M105 or M205. DG's precleaner is nothing compared to equivalent Meguiar.

Now getting back to the original question, DG 501 (marine version) is the easiest to apply, gives great shine and lasts for a long time.

If you can get your hands on the elusive Meguairs M16 old fashioned wax in the can, try that for longevity.

- Vikas

Originally Posted By: Vikas

I am fan of both but DG has no real paint correction product such as Meguairs Ultra Compound or SwirlX, let alone M105 or M205. DG's precleaner is nothing compared to equivalent Meguiar.

Now getting back to the original question, DG 501 (marine version) is the easiest to apply, gives great shine and lasts for a long time.

If you can get your hands on the elusive Meguairs M16 old fashioned wax in the can, try that for longevity.

- Vikas

Nice catch. I should've said Meguiar's FINISHING products don't compare with those from DG. Mequiar's polishes are actually really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back