Best wax found at the local auto parts store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: grampi
There's nothing more hyped in the auto wax world than Meguiar's products.

Meg's tan bottles (pro stuff) is very good. The consumer line not so much.

Originally Posted By: jcwit
Originally Posted By: Vikas
Turtlewax is the best; it is available everywhere and it has the largest share of market ~/~

Based on jcwit's reasoning, Turtlewax is the best ;0)

Now you're starting to but words or thoughts in my mouth or mind. In two words, You're WRONG, sorry grampi, you just don't get it. Stick to the facts, at least such as you see them, so far you only have given your opinion, based on your perceived experience with no scientific back up.

Wonder why Dura Gloss doesn't set the car polish world on fire.

I will conceed that what I'm posting about Duragloss isn't based on scientific fact if you conceed that what you've posted isn't either. Fact wise, I'd say that makes us even. However, what puts me one up on you is the fact that I have directly compared Duragloss to the Meguiar's waxes you've mentioned and I've found Duragloss to be better. You have not even tried the Duragloss yet, so why are you even arguing the point? You have come to a gunfight with no weapon.

I've been to Sturgis, MI and I'm pretty sure they have a NAPA store there, which as stated earlier, they DO sell Duragloss products.

No, I don't wonder why Duragloss hasn't set the automotive wax world on fire. There are many superior products that undersell the inferior ones...it's called marketing.

Last edited:
NuFinish works pretty well. Lasts a long time.

Black Magic liquid wax puts a nice shine on it too.

I'd go with either of these.

Originally Posted By: jcwit
Originally Posted By: Vikas
Turtlewax is the best; it is available everywhere and it has the largest share of market ~/~

Based on jcwit's reasoning, Turtlewax is the best ;0)

Now you're starting to but words or thoughts in my mouth or mind. In two words, You're WRONG, sorry grampi, you just don't get it. Stick to the facts, at least such as you see them, so far you only have given your opinion, based on your perceived experience with no scientific back up.

Wonder why Dura Gloss doesn't set the car polish world on fire.

I will conceed that what I'm posting about Duragloss isn't based on scientific fact if you conceed that what you've posted isn't either. Fact wise, I'd say that makes us even. However, what puts me one up on you is the fact that I have directly compared Duragloss to the Meguiar's waxes you've mentioned and I've found Duragloss to be better. You have not even tried the Duragloss yet, so why are you even arguing the point? You have come to a gunfight with no weapon.

I've been to Sturgis, MI and I'm pretty sure they have a NAPA store there, which as stated earlier, they DO sell Duragloss products.

No, I don't wonder why Duragloss hasn't set the automotive wax world on fire. There are many superior products that undersell the inferior ones...it's called marketing.

I can and will conceed that my facts also aren't based on scientific fact, already mentioned it as opinion only. The Local NAPA store here in my small town does not carry Duragloss on the shelf, and I didn't check the Sturgis store only because it was out of the way.

My biggest problem or reason for not trying Duragloss is I have a stash of waxes all the way from Nu-Finish to the most expensive Meguiar's available as a consumer product and am not about to buy any more. In fact my primary hobby is target shooting and I'm trying to use up some of these polishes/cleaner waxes in my tumbler polishing brass before reloading. Have you any idea how long thats going to take using a teaspoon or 2 and using the media for 6 to 10 months before replacing.

So in the end I guess we'll both use what we wish and in my case what I have. If by chance we ever actually meet in person we could probably sit down and enjoy a piece of pie and cup of coffee together and discuss politics. Oh Jeese, I better not get started, or go down that road.

Best to you grampi
jcwit

BTW, thanks for your service jcwit. I am also a veteran.

And a Sincere Thank You right back to you as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back