Dealer Ceramic Coats

As @hrv stated, put you hand in a ziplock and run it across the paint. The bag makes it easier to feel blemishes in the paint vs your skin.

It took me almost 2 days to get the job done right. First I washed the vehicle with regular soap, then a second wash after spraying with decontamination / iron remover, a 3rd wash to remove any residue and power wash rinse. Hand dry with microfiber towels. Backed it up into the garage and used a clay bar over each panel with detailing spray. I taped off some of the black plastic cladding and then applied Jescar Power Lock + on all of the panels. The air temp dropped during this process and it took a long time for the Jescar to flash dry. Final application of the Turtle wax graphene to complete the job.

My process might have been overkill but I know the paint surface was prepped right and 2 years later the surface feels very smooth. Totally worth it IMHO so that I can avoid detailing and waxing every season.
The clay bar would have made it a little easier and faster....They also work great on the windshield...

The most important aspect is the prep. If it's not done right, the rest won't matter much. It's also the most time consuming part. Prep is key. What product used is not as important.

I agree with chris just use Can Coat which will likely outperform whatever **** coating the dealership is using anyway.

It isn't difficult to do yourself.
I prefer to wash and wax, or use ceramic coat, myself.
I have done my truck many times, and my fiances once.
Clean it well, clay bar as required, and then ceramic coat, it is old in stores, or on Amazon.

Reactions: hrv
Back