Best Oil Bottle...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

Best Oil Bottle???(container, jug, or can)...

My pick...the Amsoil Qt bottles...

Ready, Set, Post...
banana.gif

My pick: Motorcraft 5w-20 5 qt jugs! simple, cost-effective red bottle with white lettering design tells me they saved money by not making it look pretty.

They possibly used the money saved in the bottle design somewhere else more meaningful or they didn't and just passed the savings on to us in the form of cheap price. now that's a bottle!

To me, it's all about what's in the bottle so I like simplicity in both color and font which the MC bottles have. OTOH, the font used in Schaeffers bottles/jugs. IT is really too cute and artsy for oil and doesn't fit the product which is oil. Seems like that font should be used for wine bottles or some other product.

Last edited:
I'm fond of the Shell Rotella T Synthetic 5W-40 gallon jugs. That deep royal blue color is nice. The red MaxLife jugs are pretty sitting next to the Rotella T Synthetic jugs on my shelf. They look very patriotic...especially when I through a white Castrol GTX jug in the middle. Okay. I have too much time on my hands!
theyareontome.gif

Worst bottle,Castrol syntec blend,cant see the oil in the bottle,grad prix takes 4.5 quarts,kind of pain measuring out the 1/2 quart.

I remember the Castrol Syntec Blend bottles...are they still this way?...almost impossible to tell how much is in the bottle...I remember pouring from the Syntec Blend bottle into a Valvoline bottle just to measure it...what a pain...How come we don't have a Castrol site rep to complain to...all of the other site sponsors I can think of have someone who answers questions here...by the way I like Valvoline bottles too but my fingers smudge 'em really bad when I am changing oil...and you wanna hear something really sick...I have one empty bottle of Amsoil XLF in my oil "shed"...I am not gonna throw it away until more arrives soon...don't tell my wife I am hoarding empty bottles too!...
banana.gif

Chevron Delo gallon bottle. It has a handle on the side. You hold it like a suitcase, and it is easier to pour straight in the valve-cover because of it.

I like the wide mouths like Mobil and the clear bottles that QS makes. The perfect bottle would be a combonation of the two, I hate the Castrol bottles the most and thats what I use, I dont think they changed them since I was a kid.

I haven't tried the Mobil bottles yet, but the spout on the Castrol Syntec bottles fits right into the fill hole on the top of my engine.

I found with the Syntec bottles, it's easier to control when you start pouring with the neck up rather than down.

Amsoil has the best quality bottles

Redline has the best pour tip as it fits right into the hole without a funnel, and u can actually cut off the bottom and becoming a home-made funnel!!!

Motul 5L jub has a pull out tip for no mess pouring

i think Valvoline has the worst bottle but they are environmentally friendly coz they use a lot less plastic which is good

Quote:

Kinda drawn to the Quaker State clear bottle. That PET material is much more expensive than the HDPE plastic used to make most other bottles. Kinda catches one's eye sitting there on the shelf.

Interesting that you know about PET vs. HDPE cost. Are you in the plastics industry? I work on blow molding processes and bottle design in my job everyday, so I would hypothesize if QS is running those PET bottles on a high speed machine (Sidel) then they may make up some of the material cost with production rate vs. an HDPE wheel machine.

And an FYI guys on the clear view line everyone likes on oil bottles, it is called a view stripe or visiline in bottle speak. We typically use view stripe in my area. BTW, they aren't expensive to add to a bottle, just require the right tooling which may sometimes be absent from bottle line to line.

As for homemade funnels...it probally sounds funny to a non-BitOGer, but the best funnel IS a homemade one, at least in one case. That is when the threads from the cap will screw directly into the oil filler hole, such is the case on my Honda with the cut-down Castrol bottle. It screws RIGHT IN and that makes the filling job much easier for a single person.

Amsoil does have a pour spout that they sell $.50? It fits qts, gallons and 2-1/2 gallon sizes. I don't know if they fit any other brands.

I use the Amsoil qt bottles to make storage containers.

I just cut the top off after I drain them real good and degrease them. Handy for putting little things in of all types. I like them better than other bottles because they have a square rather than rectangular shape.

Quote:

Best Oil Bottle???(container, jug, or can)...

My pick...the Amsoil Qt bottles...

Ready, Set, Post...
banana.gif

Good survey question. I like the Vavoline qts. they look like a mans oil qrt., not gurly...
mad.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back