Best Hoagie (subs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.sarconesdeli.com/index.php

Sarcone's makes the best Hoagies in the Philly area. Great rolls. Makes all the difference.

They do it right, not too much meat. Just enough with all high quality meat and the famous Sarcone rolls. Originally in South Philly they now have one in Cherry Hill, South jersey. About 15 mins from Philly.

What is wrong with too much meat?

You guys on the right coast have it MADE when it comes to sandwiches. Sandwiches suck on the left coast, no doubt about it. Hey we have Subway!!!
37.gif

Really...well Subway is probably the worst out here to be honest. The mom/pop deli's are the best but Sarcone's and Primo's are the two that stand out in our area. I didn't know that about the west coast.

The co. I work for has a subsidiary in Cherry Hill, NJ. I'll remember to drop by if and when I go there.

There's a place in Long beach, Long island called Zamboni's Deli. they have a sandwich called the Iron Horse. It's Roast Pork and mozzarella on a garlic hero. Killer sandwich.

Originally Posted By: buster
http://www.sarconesdeli.com/index.php

Sarcone's makes the best Hoagies in the Philly area. Great rolls. Makes all the difference.

They do it right, not too much meat. Just enough with all high quality meat and the famous Sarcone rolls. Originally in South Philly they now have one in Cherry Hill, South jersey. About 15 mins from Philly.

Hoagie Haven in Princeton NJ makes an amazing cheesesteak. Chuck's next door also makes an amazing cheesesteak.

Subway is disgusting, I won't go there even if someone else pays for it. I love Quizno's on the other hand, the Steakhouse Beef Dip is so delicious, although extremely unhealthy. That's probably why it tastes so good...
LOL.gif

Something very interesting happened on Long Island with Quizno's. A few years ago, we had never heard of it. My mom was looking to invest in a business when she retired from teaching and came across Quizno's. She contacted them and they sent a salesman to the house. I did not care for the guy, but she listened to his pitch and instead of just investing, opened the first one on Long Island.
In the beginning, the food was unbelievable for fast food and the lines were always out the door. One of the things I was skeptical of was I didn't want them to flood the market like Subway. I was assured there would only be 21 restaraunts on Long Island.
Well... Next thing you know, there are so many, you can throw a rock from one and hit another. None of them were anking ANY money and the quality of the food went down the drain. I won't eat it for free anymore. A whole bunch of them closed and still, they aren't doing well. Too bad, really. They had a nice thing going. If they didn't get greedy, they would have continued to flourish on Long Island.

An Italian Beef from any one of the million mom-and-pop shops here in the greater Chicago area. I get mine dipped just a little, with mild peppers.

Get that and REAL fries, good stuff!!!

where in Cherry Hill? Ive not seen it?

The BEST sub is actually the Italian Sub from Steve & Andrea's in Rutherford, NJ. Everything about the sandwich is right and tasty.

Next best to me is Dinic's, there are a few around Phila./South NJ, though my favorite is at the Navy Yard.

What makes a sub good isnt so much its meat, but rather its bread. You have to start with a good crusty Italian long roll with sesame seeds. A good, tasty red wine vinegar is also necesary. That is also where subway goes wrong... their sandwiches wouldnt be too bad if they had crusty rolls and some decent vinegar... well, yes they would still be average at best.

Capriotti's is another good sandwich chain. I know of the ones in DE, but there are others all over.

JMH

Originally Posted By: Aldaris

Hoagie Haven in Princeton NJ makes an amazing cheesesteak. Chuck's next door also makes an amazing cheesesteak.

IMO, the best cheesesteak is Tony Luke's in South Philadelphia, as they use a more flavorful beef. John's is a good second place. For roast pork, another goodie, John's Roast Pork "Italiano" and Dinic's "Pork Loaded" are tied as the best.

JMH

JHZ, right across from Wegmans in Cherry Hill, Haddonfield Rd, in a small little shopping center you'll find Sarcone's. Give it a try.

+1 Tony Luke's. My favorite.

We have a place down here in Ga called Firehouse Subs and it is supposedly run by Firemen. Its the best sub around here IMO. Good stuff.

Originally Posted By: Vincent_Vega
We have a place down here in Ga called Firehouse Subs and it is supposedly run by Firemen. Its the best sub around here IMO. Good stuff.

Firehouse Subs is a national chain, but I have never been there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back