Best Hoagie (subs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moving from Florida to Nebraska I miss a lot of things. The subs from the deli at Publix. Boar's Head meats and cheeses. Chewy bread.
20.gif

I need to go home...

Originally Posted By: bobfather99
An Italian Beef from any one of the million mom-and-pop shops here in the greater Chicago area. I get mine dipped just a little, with mild peppers.

Get that and REAL fries, good stuff!!!

Mr Beef, in The Loop over by the Kennedy Expressway.....YUM!! A tiny little place with great sandwitches! I like mine really dunked though!

Toasted Subway = Quiznos.

Got a taste for White Castle but don't want to deal with the aftermath? Order a Subway steak sub on white bread with ONLY onions & cheese, have them heat it up. Tastes darn near the same. No nuclear-like effects later on.

Jersey Mikes = A bit better than subway.

I just can't bring myself to spend $20 for sandwiches at any of the big 3 chains when the same price gets much more value & quality at other places. I have the same problem here as Pablo has in the west coast...sandwich shops suck.

I miss Pepino's. A ma & pa place that's now in N.W. Indiana. They make killer sandwiches hot or cold. Again, the ma & pa own the market for quality & price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back