Best "gimmick" plugs?

I've always had a soft spot for stupid "gimmick" products and sometimes for S&G I like to buy something to see if it actually works or if it is indeed a gimmick.

Out of the following three "gimmick" spark plugs, which one seems most promising or which should I pull the trigger on and give a try?

1) Pilot Nitrode plugs
2) E3 Diamondfire
3) Pulstar Plasma core

I have an E3 in my Kohler Command powered walk behind mower. It was the only one available at the neighborhood hardware store when I broke the one it replaced. It's been running like normal for a couple of years so no complaints. Nothing special, either, though.

The e3 seams to be fine in small engines I run them in. I had them in a vehicle once. Don’t remember if I got rid of them or kept them after it decided to throw a fit and not start one day. It was a 04 Tahoe. It flooded so bad I had to pull the fuel pump relay and crank till it fired never did figure out what exactly caused the issue but it trashed the o2 sensors.

the theory on them is good but I think the size of the grounding electrode might cause more cooling of the flame than the opening benefits it.

The e3 seams to be fine in small engines I run them in. I had them in a vehicle once. Don’t remember if I got rid of them or kept them after it decided to throw a fit and not start one day. It was a 04 Tahoe. It flooded so bad I had to pull the fuel pump relay and crank till it fired never did figure out what exactly caused the issue but it trashed the o2 sensors.

the theory on them is good but I think the size of the grounding electrode might cause more cooling of the flame than the opening benefits it.
Agree. E3 started out as a plug for small engines. Especially hard starting 2 strokes. And they seemed to work well. The problem I see with them in larger engines is the huge ground electrodes shrouding the combustion process.

Back