Best Fuel System Cleaner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My car has had only a few bottles of fuel system cleaners over 130K miles so far. I do not experience noticeable drop in engine power. I kept up with regular dyno oil changes every 3000 miles until 90K miles and 5000 miles OCI since then with synthetic.
I'm not interested in any sorts of performance gain. I just want to make sure the engine is clean.

Is it really necessary to run the fuel system cleaner every now and then?
What is your best and favorite fuel system cleaner?

I saw a post where every 3000 mile treatment is recommended. Where those deposits/residues go about? engine oil? exhaust to catalytic converter?

I like to use them about every 8-10k miles (usually once a year) just to keep things clean.

I've always stuck to Redline SI-1 and Gumont Regane. Which one works better? Dunno, but I trust both of them.

Chevron Techron Concentrate is 2nd to none!
The big 3 pay big $$ to have Chevron gas shipped from Kentucky to Michigan for its EPA tests. And I know for a fact that Mobil engineers by me use it in their test engines to keep data accurate and fair so they dont have to continually tear down and rebuild engines just to clean them out!

Chevron Techron is the biggest bang for the buck. Does the same thing as Amsoil PI and Redline, but at almost half the price.

-ttvr4

Redline complete fuel system cleaner. Has 10gal marks on the bottle for maintenance or you can use the whole bottle for a good cleaning. This stuff is A#1 in my book.

If you can't find this, then Chevron Techron fuel sys cleaner would be my 2nd choice.

Amsoil PI. I unclogged an injector with it. Use with Top-Tier gas for best results.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Amsoil PI. I unclogged an injector with it. Use with Top-Tier gas for best results.
grin2.gif

BG 44K Baby!!

Originally Posted By: ttvr4
Chevron Techron is the biggest bang for the buck. Does the same thing as Amsoil PI and Redline, but at almost half the price.

-ttvr4

Gumout Regane is cheaper.

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak

Agree.

PS Happy Birthday chevrofreak

Schaeffer's Neutra #131. Never left me disappointed. Smells like the old carburetor cleaner dip buckets they used to sell, but it works great!
I noticed a vast improvement in the performance of my Jeep which was running perfectly prior to treatment. A few tanks afterwards, it's still got more pep! Who would've thunk it?

Originally Posted By: toyotaguy
Seafoam

Seafoam is ridiculously overpriced for what it is. It's almost twice as expensive as the Regane is.

Shell Fuel System cleaner and Chevron Techron cleaner are top notch and are only like 4-5 bucks for 20gallon cleanings.

Sea Foam looks to me a like a whole lot of nothing. Some alcohol, a light oil, and a little bit of solvents and cleaners.

I do use it as a motor flush on engines that have had head or intake gasket failures though. Namely, the GM 3100/3400 V6. It helps get that last little bit of "mud" caused by the coolant and oil mixing flushed out of the crankcase.

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
Originally Posted By: ttvr4

-ttvr4

How many gallons does Gumout Regane treat?

-ttvr4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back