Best Fuel System Cleaner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Redline and Techron are the best choices for an in the tank cleaner. I use them on occasion, but the best way to clean is on the fuel rail. Using a pressurized can of solvent attached to the fuel rail does more than any in the tank cleaner can do. I've used 3M and BWD cleaners and each time they cleane the injectores and knocked so much carbon off the pistons that the computer had to relearn the fuel trim and ran lean for few miles while adjusting to a cleaner combustion chamber! All this in one 15minute treatment. Of course, I only do this once a year since it is harsh. And the can of BWD solution is only 9 bucks! Add the fuel hose and adapters for about $20 and you're good. You reuse the hose forever so you get the best cleaning for the same price as a in tank treatment..,.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ttvr4
Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
Originally Posted By: ttvr4
Chevron Techron is the biggest bang for the buck. Does the same thing as Amsoil PI and Redline, but at almost half the price.

-ttvr4

Gumout Regane is cheaper.

How many gallons does Gumout Regane treat?

-ttvr4

Best way to clean your fuel system, IMO( how I do it ), would be...

1 - use Sefoam through a vacuum source( brake booster or PCV line )to clean your combustion chamber. Do once a year or every 10-15K as a maintenance proceedure after that.

2 - Techron Plus by Chevron in the tank once a month every 3K +/-.

Seafoam poured in the tank has never done much for me unless it is to remove moisture from the fuel but sucked in through a vacuume source to clean the combustion chamber( ie; piston domes, valves, intake runners )it is great! Hands down the best in the tank pour in FI cleaner, IMO, is Techron Plus. Not a fan of Regane. May be cheaper but does not work as well in my experience.

Last edited:
Seafoam, like mentioned, will clean your tank from moisture, and also fill your fuel filter up with rust or dirt if it was in your tank. My filter came out brown after pouring a can in my tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back