BEST BANG FOR THE BACK SUBSTITUTE ON A 34 BATTERY

Even Walmart is pricing the basic versions of these at $150 which is completely ridiculous.

I have a 1984 Nissan 720 that I'm trying to replace the battery on. What would be the best replacement that would still fit and have as much or more CCA. I'm frankly looking at getting the Value versions from Walmart because none of my customers have experienced any issues and I generally avoid the refurbs whenever possible. Thanks!

what does your title mean?

"BEST BAG FOR THE BACK SUBSTITUTE ON A 34 BATTERY"​

Are you sure about the group 34?
I'm showing group 24,25,27 depending on model and origin.

looks like sams club is 130$ for most of those sizes.

bac4b4f9-5d19-4e2c-b5f8-7533d420d63a.aaeab574a492d71d7f29f6621334eace.jpeg

NAPA has the (usually East Penn) Proformer for $119.99, minus 20% if you can think of 2 other eligible trinkets to buy. I have 3 Proformers in 3 cars so far, and haven’t had any issues yet. ~$95 for East Penn would be hard to beat, unless you want to roll the dice on WM Value Power (last one I had lasted 4 years, but started leaking).

If you have another inch of height before it hits the hood a 24 might fit. They make these in Value-start.

Are you near a Rural King? Group 34 batteries (Exide), 700CCA, are $69.99 w/ exchange. Price must have gone up a bit, as I bought one for $64.99 a few months ago for my old Caravan. I haven't been able to beat RK's battery prices in almost 10 years.

1682114543237.jpg

Costco’s website says it takes a Group 25, which is basically the same size as a 35. $89.99 3 year warranty.

But call ahead and make sure they have it in stock, sometimes they don’t stock the weird sizes. Only 1 Costco in Phoenix stocks batteries for my XJ Cherokee.

What does 'Best bag for the back ' mean?
Thats what I asked.. I'd assume either autocorrect ;) "best bang for the buck"
.. or drugs:LOL:.

However the laxness which causes that nonsense in all caps as a thread title deserves a boot to the rear :unsure:

I have given up on the lowest tier batteries. I have found that batteries usually fail around the four year mark and even had one that had a four year warranty fail after three years. The pro-rated refund I got on the replacement was hardly worth the trouble.

And all of them are getting more expensive. On April 13th I went to Walmart and bought their best size 35 Everstart Platinum AGM battery for Mazda CX 5. It was $159.84. When I went back on April 17th to get the core refund on my old battery the price on the shelf had jumped to $179.84.

I was hoping for a USA made battery too, and molded into the outer shell was MADE IN KOREA. I believe it is one of the Atlas Hankook made batteries.

Back