Best Ball joint brands for Toyotas

Moog got bought out by Precision Chassis. I need to replace my driver side because it makes a hard metal on metal THUNK! when driving over small (not potholes), but let's just call them "mini rolling valleys" in the road. Toyota Camry 1998 SE V-6.

OE or Sankei.
Moog got bought out by Precision Chassis.
AFAIK, Precision was a sub-brand of Cooper Automotive before the Federal-Mogul buyout for U-joints. The Precision brand has been licensed to O’Reilly for Chinese fuel pumps. Citation for Moog? The Moog brand name is too valuable for Carl Icahn and Driv to give up.

If you are replacing the original, it lasted 24 years, so a Toyota replacement is probably going to last a long time.
Surprisingly, I replaced it with a whole Moog control arm complete with the ball joint in it last year. I'm just out of the warranty period. Have to replace the ball joint alone. Sucks.

Sankei 555 brand. Recommended them for failure prone lower ball joints on Toyota trucks plus they are greaseable unlike the OEM balljoionts.
I like the sound of this Sankei 555 brand. Willing to give aftermarket Japanese made parts a go most of the time.

I used to be able to buy an entire HD rated front end for a 2wd truck but no days no dice.
Can’t even find a full front end out of a wrecker anymore except for 1 ton which can’t fit.

My 83,000 mile 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 v8 club cab 2wd needs the entire front end suspension but every brand available sounds like complete garbage

I’m told MOOG ball joints are good for 20,000 miles, The ones that are supposedly OEM aren’t much better

Is there a front suspension for a Dodge that actually lasts 100,000+ miles?

My 82 diesel suburban was all original to 438,000 miles

Back