Best all-terrain vehicles in the world

Highly depends on the terrain you're covering. That floaty russian thing has hardly any suspension travel and probably can't turn for jack, but obviously would be good for ice.

A customized rock crawler for tight, rocky trails.

A long, light, fat-tired powerful vehicle for mud.

etc...

nobody drives those in remote areas. you’d have to cannibalize a prado for the few parts that carry over.

drive what the locals drive. in most places the old box shape nissan patrol is probably the best choice, much tougher and more capable than any land cruiser
Makes sense. So basically choose the same pickup used by the local militia? :cool:

This had been an all-season dream before it later received ugly low-section tyres before it got wrecked before it got restored in the recent years: www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU-h0tXhC5s

(Another fine new old black & white document from there extends on the wheel avoidance trials for the "Blue Bird complex" of this family: www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjJIQ1cu_Xw

The tyres of the latter are quite popular in truck trials these days, the former ended up in a museum I guess. Would cost me a kidney or two, but without its original wheels...

Last edited:
For a "normal" vehicle, I'd go with a Jeep Rubicon.
A former neighbor came by yesterday … when they moved out he drove a Jeep Wrangler Sahara … he was grinning from ear to ear looking at my Rubicon … Tells his wife, you know - we never use the truck bed. (Tundra)
Well, she’s wanting a fancy new SUV and they just built a new house … I smell debt coming on 🧐

I thought the answer was “any rental car”...
LOL which is why I'd never buy a rental.
27.gif

Highly depends on the terrain you're covering. That floaty russian thing has hardly any suspension travel and probably can't turn for jack, but obviously would be good for ice.

A customized rock crawler for tight, rocky trails.

A long, light, fat-tired powerful vehicle for mud.

etc...
The Sherp can turn like a zero turn mower... it can do just about anything, it’s just not very quick.

I’d take a 4 door Wrangler on a healthy lift kit and good A/T tires myself.

I guess water is a terrain.....

If it don't float, it can't be the best.

I like that Russian 4x4.... make it in 8x8 and I'll be happy...need more room for tent, dogs, food/water/fuel, and beer. Argo is too small for anything and more of a toy.

If I had to choose a stock form vehicle for severe offroad use, it would be a Pinzgauer 6x6

However, a more realistic choice would be my own 97 Land Cruiser with factory 3-way lockers

Back