Benson / Benxun / DOT593 Windshield Auto Glass -- Recommended?

Anyone have industry / experience with newer Benson / Benxun (I think DOT-593 ?) windshield glass? My 2020 Corolla Hybrid got a crack that is about 2.5 feet long in the middle of the windshield starting from the driver's left edge. Insurance (AllState) referred Safelite. I called Toyota dealer who referred me to "Rick" (Auto Glass Medic). He said that OEM glass is at least 60-90 on back order (I called Toyota dealer and they said the same). Rick is pushing the above manufacturer, Benson glass. Stating that "It's great. Everyone loves it. It's got tinted up to the AS-1 line. It's solar glass. It is thicker. In past Benson was terrible but in the last few years they have stepped up their game."

OEM on the car is AGC.

Welcome to BITOG :)

Safelite will probably use FYG/Fuyao, which is an OE supplier to many new cars. I've had no problem with Fuyao glass.

Benxun made in China like many windshields are these days. Only two possible types of windshields for that model. With or without heated wiper park area HWPA. Mygrant Glass has both from XYG Glass and SCM Glass.

My daughter had SafeLite put in a windshield(PILKINGTON) in her Civic. They did a good job considering their reputation.

Benxun made in China like many windshields are these days. Only two possible types of windshields for that model. With or without heated wiper park area HWPA. Mygrant Glass has both from XYG Glass and SCM Glass.
The guy showed up today (he was supposed to call before coming, instead he showed up then called and said he was outside -- I was getting ready to go to work .... I wanted him to do the work at my workplace) and showed me the glass. It does have the heated wiper. What are your thoughts on Benxun? The bug had 'Solar' marking on it. Not sure if that mean the tinted top or the complete glass has UV or some other coating on the glass. I should of taken a picture but I don't recall any other non-standard markings.

Yeah, I saw somewhere.... where it's better to install windshield with two people vs one. Then some stuff on method like wire vs knife and scratching ... etc.... not totally understanding all of the information.

I've always installed my windshields by myself. No company is going to pay for 2 techs to come out on a mobile replacement job. Maybe if they have a shop you come to, they may have 2 people putting in the glass, but that's just 30 seconds of the whole install. Time is money and few places will use the wire method unless they are paid to take out a good windshield for reuse. It take more time to set up and use than a knife.

So besides the windshield itself, for a proper replacement, what other parts should they be replacing and/or 'redo'? Thanks.

Back