Benefits and Reasons to Buy an iPhone?

Today you can walk into Wal-Mart and buy a 75" 4K LCD for under $700.00. TV's, like computers and smartphones, are nothing but disposable items, that have little to no worth in just several months.
True of most everything outside of real estate.

But I still prefer to buy my clothes new. :)

Never purchased one... I still use a flip Phone and it works for me...plus its only 25 bucks a month too...
I pay like $7 per month. At least 5 years now? 18*12*5=1080, no small savings there.

That said, I bought 3 or so phones in that time so about a wash.

I pay like $7 per month. At least 5 years now? 18*12*5=1080, no small savings there.

That said, I bought 3 or so phones in that time so about a wash.
My last flip phone I had for 10 years+ and ATT sent me a free one last year to replace it because of the 4/5 g upgrade....Have not had to purchase a phone for over 15 years or so..

Never purchased one... I still use a flip Phone and it works for me...plus its only 25 bucks a month too...
My uncle has a flip phone 19.99 from Walmart 10 per month unlimited calls text 1 gig data. You're overpaying $15 month

Well, honestly, now you explained the question better.
It can't be answered because no one here including me has any issue with group texts among a mix of android and iPhones.
Its not ATT, until the last week we used ATT through various providers for the last 13 years or so. Never an issue.
I suspect some people don't know what they are doing using their phones would be my only answer but not sure how you can mess up replying to a text.
Well with iphones in a group text, there must (have been/be) a switch for "reply" or "reply all" somewhere. Dunno.............maybe in initial set up.

That said whenever I tell these people (after 3-4 times) (SIL, neighbor, brother, friends) they say "OH, I meant to reply to the group...........lemme look......" and then it never happens again after that.

Successive iOS updates typically result in more resources being used by the hardware. If you don't think that is bloatware, you have a different idea of what bloatware is than any of the computer professionals I work with.
Yeah, based on your statement I doubt I would consult your "computer professionals" at any point in my lifetime. Clearly they are not very savvy at what bloatware is considered to be and effect on the user experience or the operating system. Nor are they aware that Apple processors in iPhones are the fastest in the world at any price.
(Ps I suspect I am replying to a BOT) :whistle: being there are 11 messages on Ice-9 history that never changes.

It's a phone. iPhones are made in China
True but iPhone/Apple American company, with corporate profits that pay American taxes.
Motorola is a Chinese company pay China taxes.
Dont get me wrong, just clarifying the posts above Motorola vs iPhone. I have nothing against Motorola but since you posted this, it is worth pointing that out.
Motorola is a good value phone for the price but its certainly not the level of a iPhone which is a premium phone and it shouldn't be, Motorola is less expensive, nothing wrong with that. Much the same is I dont expect my GM SUV to perform like my son's BMW SUV.

Apple American Company, Motorola Chinese Company.

True but iPhone/Apple American company, with corporate profits that pay American taxes.
Dont get me wrong, just clarifying the posts above Motorola vs iPhone. I have nothing against Motorola but since you posted this, it is worth pointing that out.
Motorola is a good value phone for the price but its certainly not the level of a iPhone which is a premium phone and it shouldn't be, Motorola is less expensive, nothing wrong with that. Much the same is I dont expect my GM SUV to perform like my son's BMW SUV.

Correct

Attachments

• 801C5274-5E31-466F-A4FD-D61461C9C6E7.jpg
    801C5274-5E31-466F-A4FD-D61461C9C6E7.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: hrv

Motorola Mobility is a subsidiary of Lenovo, which is a Chinese company. But Motorola is still an American company operating as Motorola Solutions, although their footprint is far smaller than it used to be.

I certainly remember when Motorola was a diversified company, although to many people they were the company that made police radios and other communications gear. The buses that I rode had wireless communications using Motorola equipment. And then there was their semiconductor division (eventually became Freescale) as well as their consumer products like cell phones.

Motorola Mobility is a subsidiary of Lenovo, which is a Chinese company. But Motorola is still an American company operating as Motorola Solutions, although their footprint is far smaller than it used to be.

I certainly remember when Motorola was a diversified company, although to many people they were the company that made police radios and other communications gear. The buses that I rode had wireless communications using Motorola equipment. And then there was their semiconductor division (eventually became Freescale) as well as their consumer products like cell phones.
Yes, Motorola used to be a high quality American communications company. Im old enough to know that (gulp)

If you buy a Motorola cell phone it is made by Chinese owned Motorola Mobility, subsidiary of Chinese owned Lenovo. Both Chinese corporations as you said. Sorry I know you know this I was just spelling it out for others in here, so they dont convolute that somehow their Motorola cell phone is American.

It's not the device quality between apple.. Samsung.. Motorola.. etc. Its simply software that's the distinct difference. Until moving my handyman business over to Google voice I was using the boost mobile celero 5g phone cost $100 and ran absolutely flawless fast, snappy, plenty of on board storage and sd expandable. Also the screen quality was right up there with my iPhone xr. I've used plenty of budget and mid way devices. I would comfortably say if my iPhone xr crapped out I'd probably move over to an android in the $100-150 range even switch carriers for a free handset.

I'm a big Android guy and I absolutely hate Apple products. My company recently provided me with an iPhone and an iPad and I just really don't like the iPhone and plan to only use it for calls and text messages. The only reason my company uses Apple products is because there are certain apps and other programs that are Apple specific that we must use to conduct business.

I do like the fact that you can block text messages, group text messages in particular, with Apple products because my mom loves sending out those group text messages that I despise being included in.

Back