BBQ Sauce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stubb's is a good one and what I call Texas style. Reminds one of the barbecue served in Texas Pits. Lately wifey has been making her own sauce using a salsa recipe from her abuelo.

If you see Sweet Baby Ray's at the supermarket that is also a good one to try out!

Hey Buster there is an actual Stubb's Barbecue Joint in Texas or so I here. Roadtrip for you and the wife?

Gates or Arthur Bryants. Don't think either have national distribution.

Also liked Carolina Treat, from Wilmington, NC, but don't see it much in my trips back east.

American Bryan Tyrell of Bodean's Original BBQ Smoke House, twice world BBQ champion, just did a BBQ sauce taste off for worlds best food magazine Olive. His selections were Tiptree BBQ sauce and HP Classic Woodsmoke BBQ sauce. Runners up Nando's Peri-Peri BBQ sauce, Reggae Jerk/BBQ sauce, and Ainsley Harriott Smokey BBQ sauce. His own BBQ sauce recipe online at

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4180/dead-good-bbq-sauce

Originally Posted By: pickled
Cattlemen's

Before becoming fat and lazy, used to put 1 gallon Cattlemans (from commercial distributor),1 quart burbon whiskey, 1 quart of honey in large pan and simmer till most of alcahol evaporated. Then refrigerate till used. Mighty good!

Bob

I make my own from a simple recipe that I came up with when I was 15. I just started mixing stuff and writing it down.

If anyone is interested it's available here

The best BBQ I've ever had was in Austin Texas. Myer's BBQ I think was the name of it. Another good one was part of a gas station. The other half was a BBQ place. The place was a dump but the food was great.

In the North East, we don't have many good BBQ places. We have our franchise chains like Famous Dave's etc. ,,,not quite the real thing. Once you get out into Pa though I think there are a few.

I make my own sauce. The majority of the store-bought ones are so full of [censored] like high fructose corn syrup and preservatives. At least I know what is going in the stuff I make.

we make a BBQ sauce that is molasses-based.

DOnt have the recipe in front of me, but it is good!

JMH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back