The 25 Best New and Improved BBQ Joints in Texas

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
Long, interesting, and fun read.

Two of the many things from the article that caught my eye. The pork BBQ from Pit Commander BBQ sounds well worth a shot. I never had lamb BBQ and that also sounds worth a try.

All of it actually sounds very good.

Lists like these abound, but you can do no wrong spending a lazy day in the Wimberley area to visit a few vinyards and any number of BBQ joints. If you time it right go see a play at Wimberley Players, they are serious about their work.

I am blessed to live in BBQ mecca, I would encourage anyone though to try their hand at DIY with a vertical smoker. The satisfaction of tending to something for 2-12 hours (depending on protein) and serving it is well worth it.

You know what was most surprising? Smoked potatoes. Any vegetable really. Holy roots my friend. Smoke a potato sometime. It only takes a few hours.

Reactions: GON
You're looking at the wrong state. Drive about eight hours north on I-35 and take your pick of the best BBQ here in Kansas City!

I live in Texas but I do my own BBQ with this
Sorry I don't sell my BBQs. You have to make your own ;)

Sweet-Baby-Ray-s-Original-Barbecue-Sauce-28-oz_8bfb12eb-5fc2-4b1c-b34d-763b3c62bcb0.fdf60dbba0ce12fe8809f57aef2b3720.jpeg

Last edited:
Back