Baxter Performance Oil Filter Anti Drain Adapter???

If the check valve in the adaptor, and the filter's ADBV are both working right, then punching a hole in the fiter dome probably won't drain the filter. It drains on my Tacoma because there is no check valve on the center tube.

You could certainly try it to verify, but I doubt it will work when the adaptor is installed.
Yes, you are probably right, now that I think about it. I actually just installed mine.

I also think clear flood mode is still a great alternative as well,

Having to do that every time you start the car would be a big pain, not to mention kinda embarrassing when your engine is turning over a bunch of times and not starting.

Yes, you are probably right, now that I think about it. I actually just installed mine.

Having to do that every time you start the car would be a big pain, not to mention kinda embarrassing when your engine is turning over a bunch of times and not starting.
I'd only do it if the car sat for five or so days. Driven daily is not a problem with a good oil, residual oil is always clinging to parts, we beat that horse to death here many times. As far as being embarrassed, I'm at a point in my life where things like that don't bother me. Having said that I think the product is a good idea, but I'm not a fan of that Schrader valve unfortunately. Maybe someone else will come up with different design.

I have one as well. I just don't have faith enough in it to be certain I'm not blowing crap into the engine from the compressor tank [less likely with the separator/filter], or the hose itself. I'll certainly do a bit more homework.
Also less likely if you use only 10 PSI. Plus, as mentioned earlier, the air is entering the adaptor through the dirty side of the filter, so if a piece of debris was in the air it would be filtered by the media.

Do a test on the air coming out of your hose somehow. Blow some air on to a clean white piece of paper and see if anything can be seen.

Or if really worried, go find some kind of super filter you could put in-line somehow. Maybe they make one that has quick disconnect fittings.

Also less likely if you use only 10 PSI. Plus, as mentioned earlier, the air is entering the adaptor through the dirty side of the filter, so if a piece of debris was in the air it would be filtered by the media.

Do a test on the air coming out of your hose somehow. Blow some air on to a clean white piece of paper and see if anything can be seen.

Or if really worried, go find some kind of super filter you could put in-line somehow. Maybe they make one that has quick disconnect fittings.

As I'm typing this I see you replied, we're thinking along the same lines. Giving this a bit more thought, an inline air filter for a paint sprayer can be plumbed into a hose whip. Problem solved, for me, and for under $20 plus the cost of a hose whip if you don't own one.

Good to go. :)

Attachments

• IMG_20220428_174542337.jpg
    IMG_20220428_174542337.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 60
You have enough room to fit an air chick on that schraeder? Notice any difference since the install?

Yeah, there is plenty of room. I Just got back from a couple hundred mile road trip and all is well. I have not heard any of the rattle that I used to hear on occasion. I'm tempted to break the seal on the filter and see if it starts to make a mess. LOL I just don't want to have to clean it up.

Yeah, there is plenty of room. I Just got back from a couple hundred mile road trip and all is well. I have not heard any of the rattle that I used to hear on occasion. I'm tempted to break the seal on the filter and see if it starts to make a mess. LOL I just don't want to have to clean it up.
I'm sure it would puke all over the place.

I had to modify the firewall mounting bracket that it came with. Sometime after 2018 Subaru changed the AC lines/routing, probably when they switched to the new R1234Y Freon or whatever it is?🤷‍♂️On my 2022 Crosstrek there are AC Lines in the way so I took ot to my buddy who's an awesome welder and he modified the bracket so it fits. Took him 15 minutes with sips of beer in between.😂 I can easily access the catch can on the firewall and unscrew it to check and or empty. As of now, I'm getting 1-2oz of the liquid crap in it every 1000miles. At this rate you could easily go 5000miles without emptying but I'm going to check it every 1000 miles for now. Why not, takes only a couple minutes...

THIS is the can I was thinking of before with the mounting on the intake.

THIS is the can I was thinking of before with the mounting on the intake.

That will probably work better if you live in a cold climate. I prefer the location of my Mishimoto catch can. You can't see it as it is behind the engine at the firewall. I also prefer a catch can because I like to see how much oily crap my engine is putting out and I like being able to empty it myself. Yeah that probably sounds strange, but as I've said before, I'm OCD. 😂 Either one is certainly better than nothing in my opinion!
I subscribe to this guy's YouTube channel. It's awesome. Here is a great one that he did on oil catch cans if you haven't seen it.👍👍

@dezlpwr , have you installed it yet?

I recently did my first oil/filter change with it. I put about 10-15 PSI of air on the valve awhile after I opened the drain valve (I have a Fumoto valve). I waited to do it until the oil pan was empty so I could see how much oil was pushed out of the filter. Seemed like a decent amount, based on the sound it made being emptied into the pan. Next time I think I will put a different empty pan under the drain and see exactly how much gets pushed out when applying that little bit of air pressure. When I removed the filter it was empty of oil and absolutely no mess. Slick as heck.

I made up an air chuck made up of a air/oil separator/filter and a pressure regulator. This allows me to dial in whatever pressure I want without having to mess with the regulator on the compressor.

@dezlpwr , have you installed it yet?

I recently did my first oil/filter change with it. I put about 10-15 PSI of air on the valve awhile after I opened the drain valve (I have a Fumoto valve). I waited to do it until the oil pan was empty so I could see how much oil was pushed out of the filter. Seemed like a decent amount, based on the sound it made being emptied into the pan. Next time I think I will put a different empty pan under the drain and see exactly how much gets pushed out when applying that little bit of air pressure. When I removed the filter it was empty of oil and absolutely no mess. Slick as heck.

I made up an air chuck made up of a air/oil separator/filter and a pressure regulator. This allows me to dial in whatever pressure I want without having to mess with the regulator on the compressor.
Awesome! Yeah I love my Baxter unit also. I rigged up a similar setup. 👍 I use 30psi. Only takes a few short bursts.

I know it has been a few months, but I am considering picking on up these up for our Subaru Forester. @JRHAWK9 and @dezlpwr do you still recommend one? Have you had any problems with it, or have you noticed any changes, like no more start up startup rattles? Has anyone else here purchased one since as well?

I know it has been a few months, but I am considering picking on up these up for our Subaru Forester. @JRHAWK9 and @dezlpwr do you still recommend one? Have you had any problems with it, or have you noticed any changes, like no more start up startup rattles? Has anyone else here purchased one since as well?

yep!! Zero issues with mine.

I did an experiement the last time I changed the oil. I pulled the drain plug and let it drain till a drip. Then I stuck another container under the drain and then evacuated the Baxter adapter and filter. I got an extra 300 ml (0.3qt) of oil doing that.

Back