Ban on petrol and diesel cars due in 2030 may have to be scrapped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most people realized this from the onslaught. It just takes progressives longer to catch on to what everyone else already knows.
My brother retired from Con-Ed last year. Many people in the know about the Five Boroughs electric grid laughed when asked how long it would take to get the NY grid ready for the Green New Pipe Dream. Some said even 25-30 years was a joke.

People are living in fantasy land if they think the entirety of the U.S. can shift infrastructure and electrify every manufactured vehicle within 7 years.
We have a twin reactor power plant that has a good safety record
Its been approved to add two modern units (has enough cooling) -
then bring down old units 50% yet still upping output 50% …
Can‘t get funding … So how serious are these folks ?

So the UK goal of electrification is in part predicated on meeting an arbitrary number of chargers by some arbitrary date in the future. News Alert: Water is wet.

What a rag of a paper.

They're not serious is the answer. The funding can be had, but there's just no way to support such a crazy shift in electric demand unless we streamline and really crank out some more nuclear plants. Don't electrify and people throw a fit about emissions and saving the planet. Put up more power plants and people throw a fit about "oMg ThE nUcLeAr RaDiAtIoN iS kIlLiNg Me!!" They want their cake and they want to eat it too and that's just not how it works for now.

At my work there is free charging and spaces are setup closest to the elevators, so the EV drivers have the shortest walk, rivaling executive reserved parking.

Someone (building management) has taped over the reserved for EV only signs, saying, "OPEN PARKING SPACE, THIS IS NOT A RESERVED SPACE. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PRETEND YOUR VEHICLE IS A VIDEO GAME TO PARK HERE."

ju789.jpg

The problem is these fools have fast become their own worst enemy. They all embrace the idea of EV's to the fullest. But at the same time, they all despise most every means available to manufacture the electricity they so desperately need, in order to make their pie in the sky, pipe dream happen.

They hate nuclear power. They also hate the consumption of any fossil fuels to be consumed for the manufacturing of any electricity. Be it coal, oil, or natural gas.

Many hate the utilization of any type of hydroelectric application for power production. Because they believe it destroys the fish population. Along with other delicate ecosystems in the lakes and rivers where this type of power production is applied.

So what's left? Solar and wind have been more than proven not to work in an application of this magnitude. The Sun doesn't always shine, and the wind doesn't always blow.

It stands to reason that people and employers are NEVER going to accept that people can't get to work, or anywhere else they need to go to productively function, because it's calm outside, with heavy overcast for several days. So where does that leave all of this?

Anyone see the trend to disguise exhaust outlets? We went from having fake dual exhausts going as far as having an extra muffler using a y-pipe 35 years ago, to a few cars having a true dual exhaust, to now having plastic blanks made to cover up where exhaust would be. The fat lady singing this is the new CR-V. But I saw it first on an Audi SQ5 around 2019. This fakeness is just something I don't like. I say it's cool to have a true dual exhaust, it was in 1960, it is in 2023. my .02

The problem is these fools have fast become their own worst enemy. They all embrace the idea of EV's to the fullest. But at the same time, they all despise most every means available to manufacture the electricity they so desperately need, in order to make their pie in the sky, pipe dream happen.

They hate nuclear power. They also hate the consumption of any fossil fuels to be consumed for the manufacturing of any electricity. Be it coal, oil, or natural gas.

Many hate the utilization of any type of hydroelectric application for power production. Because they believe it destroys the fish population. Along with other delicate ecosystems in the lakes and rivers where this type of power production is applied.

So what's left? Solar and wind have been more than proven not to work in an application of this magnitude. The Sun doesn't always shine, and the wind doesn't always blow.

It stands to reason that people and employers are NEVER going to accept that people can't get to work, or anywhere else they need to go to productively function, because it's calm outside, with heavy overcast for several days. So where does that leave all of this?
There's a flip side to this. You have EV owners who pitch zero emissions, at the tailpipe, lol. Then completely deny or don't care about the pollution in getting the raw materials needed for their batteries, or the use of coal, gas, etc needed for the extra electrical demand placed on the grid so they can plug in at night. Not everyone who owns an EV has solar panels or a windmill [lol] in their yard.

The world has gone crazy, but we already know that. Social Media rules. The insanity of people unable to question, if "powers" that be want to be green, why dont they start at the top. BAN all fossil fuel electricity first. Yep, just what I thought, that would end the green movement once the people understood what the costs will be upfront.

There's a flip side to this. You have EV owners who pitch zero emissions, at the tailpipe, lol. Then completely deny or don't care about the pollution in getting the raw materials needed for their batteries, or the use of coal, gas, etc needed for the extra electrical demand placed on the grid so they can plug in at night. Not everyone who owns an EV has solar panels or a windmill [lol] in their yard.
reminds me of a knock I got at the door more than 10 years ago. Can we get your signature here to support wind.....

me: no thank you

pennPIRG: You don't care about the environment?

me: Au contraire, I love birds.

(door shuts)

Anyone see the trend to disguise exhaust outlets? We went from having fake dual exhausts going as far as having an extra muffler using a y-pipe 35 years ago, to a few cars having a true dual exhaust, to now having plastic blanks made to cover up where exhaust would be. The fat lady singing this is the new CR-V. But I saw it first on an Audi SQ5 around 2019. This fakeness is just something I don't like. I say it's cool to have a true dual exhaust, it was in 1960, it is in 2023. my .02
Joe Raiti of Raitis Rides says the same thing. A zonk for fake exhaust.
After owning the real deal with DI. I prefer the fake exhaust.
With the real ones DI soot turns them black and throws soot up the bumper and trunk.
Jimmy no like real exhaust anymore :)

Joe Raiti of Raitis Rides says the same thing. A zonk for fake exhaust.
After owning the real deal with DI. I prefer the fake exhaust.
With the real ones DI soot turns them black and throws soot up the bumper and trunk.
Jimmy no like real exhaust anymore :)
hahaha I do have a lot of soot on my N54 335, brake dust too.

reminds me of a knock I got at the door more than 10 years ago. Can we get your signature here to support wind.....

me: no thank you

pennPIRG: You don't care about the environment?

me: Au contraire, I love birds.

(door shuts)
LOL I recently got a knock on the door from some guy pitching solar panels. I think I might have set a record for sending him packing faster than anyone he ever encountered pitching solar panels.

Reactions: JC1
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back