Avoid FedEx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dparm
I fail to see the problem. It was shipped via the ground service and goes through the normal channels, such as their sorting hubs. Did you expect FedEx to hand-deliver it directly from the company to your door?

This.

FedEx provides reliable service, easily tracked, at the speed that you pay for. Want it overnight? You pay more...

But it has to run through their system...they can't treat each package like a courier delivery.

FedEx has shipped hundreds of things to me and from me to others. Not once has a package even been late, much less missing. Far better than any other carrier.

And you found your answer - if it was shipped Fed Ex Express Saver, its a guaranteed three day delivery. They were under no obligation to move it faster. Of course they could have delivered it sooner if they weren't too busy or had some slack in the system, but more often than not, you'll get exactly what you paid for - in this case three day delivery.

I'd bought a bottle of Nexxus conditioner and the company shipped it 2 day FedEx. I tracked it every day and it took a week to get to me.

I order items Sunday night on Amazon prime and have the package at around 2pm Monday from both UPS and Fedex about 50% of the time. Its supposed to take two days.

Progress!!!

I ordered 2 books from Amazon Monday...one shipped from PA, one from Houston. Ordered them the same day.

Just got the one from Texas...haven't seen the other one!
frown.gif
I hope they didn't lose the bloody thing.

I've had exceptional results using FedEx...I just think their shipping prices have gotten ridiculously high...

OP: I ordered some cree flashlights from amazon 6 weeks ago, coming from China.. they still have yet to arrive. Thats lousy shipping.. 3 days for ground is no big deal..

Well, three days later, I'm still waiting on what the USPS themselves say is a two (2) day Priority Mail package.

It was mailed from Henderson, Nevada on Monday. The USPS's own website states that it is a 2 (two) day delivery to me, via Priority Mail. So, unless the days on the calendar have changed lately, that means it should be here on Wednesday.

Wednesday... nothing.
Thursday... nothing
Friday... nothing.

It is now Saturday, and the mailman should be going by here at any time now. I have zero confidence that anything will be delivered today.

I don't know, but for everyone who says that they don't have a bit of trouble with the USPS... either you work for the Postal Service, you're not paying any attention as to what day these packages should arrive... and then when they actually *do* arrive.

Originally Posted By: OtisBlkR1
OP: I ordered some cree flashlights from amazon 6 weeks ago, coming from China.. they still have yet to arrive. Thats lousy shipping.. 3 days for ground is no big deal..

Might be the same lights I bought last year, and yes it was a long wait (about a month). My amusement in this case was that the items never even left the city. The really interesting thing is that I ordered a second phone that was shipped from the same facility (about 20 miles from my house) and it has been routed from Indy to Memphis. LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back